Chapter 19: One Week Later

"And that's why I should be the president of the United States."Fitz said concluding his speech.
The crowd bursted into applause and standing ovations. Fitz looked over and nodded at Liv seeking her approval. She clapped and nodded back. Once the other candidate gave his speech everyone clapped once again. Fitz stepped off the pedestal behind the curtains and since there was no one looking, he gave Liv a very emotional hug. She hugged him back and never wanted to let go. Sadly they had to once Cyrus approached them.
"We did it, we actually did it!" Cyrus yelled happily.
"Thanks for everything Cy." Fitz said.
"I think we have Livvie to thank." He said smiling.
"What do you say we all go get drinks to celebrate." Fitz said.
"We may have finished our part but it's not over, the people still need to vote." Liv said.
"Yeah but they're gonna vote for Fitz, why wouldn't they?" Cyrus asked.
"No Liv's right. We shouldn't get our hopes up but we should still get drinks." He said.
"I wish I could but I have a hot date tonight." Cyrus said.
Everyone went silent.
"Who?" Fitz asked interrupting the awkwardness.
"James." He said.
"That's great, have fun." Liv said.
"Guess that leaves you and me Liv since Mellie is already picking designs for her 'first lady outfits'." Fitz said.
"I think I'll just stay home tonight maybe another time?" She asked.
"Come on Liv, they'll have wine." Fitz said.
"I think you should go, be there for me Liv." Cyrus said.
"Okay I'll come." She said.
"Shoot look at the time I'd better get going." Cyrus said.
"Bye." Liv and Fitz said while waving.
Cyrus waved back and Fitz was left alone with Liv.
"So when should we go?" Liv asked.
"Right now?" He said.
"Lead the way future president." Liv said.
"I thought you said that we shouldn't get our hopes up." Fitz said.
Liv shrugged "gotta trust your gut."
"Fair enough." Fitz said as they were escorted out into the car.

"What can I get u both?" The bartender asked.
"I'll have a scotch and she'll have red wine." He said.
"Right away." He said.
He tossed out coasters and glasses. He grabbed two bottles and poured one in Fitz's glass and one in Liv's. He was working super fast, probably because he was overly excited to have customers since there were none in the bar.
"Thanks." Liv said taking a large gulp.
She kept chugging until there was no more left. She waved the bartender over and he poured her some more. She chugged all of that and turned to Fitz who was staring at her with wide eyes.
"What-" "after the election, I'm quitting." She said.
"What?" Fitz asked.
"I'm starting my own business, I'm thinking Olivia Pope and Associates." She said as the bartender poured her some more.
"Why?" He asked.
"Looking at you kills me. Every time I see you I want to hug you and kiss you but then I remember. I remember reality. And the reality is is that you have two kids one wife and zero chance with me because you are about to be president. And I won't force you into adultery." Liv said.
"You're not forcing me into anything. I love you and if you really love me, we'll find a way to make this work." He said.
"We can't, I'm sorry." She said.
"No you don't get to do this. Just say you're giving up and then walk away. It's selfish, cruel, and beneath you." He said grabbing her arm before she could walk away. "Do you even love me?" He asked.
She pressed her body against his and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. She planted her lips on his, hard, and reached her tongue into his mouth. The kiss got deep when Fitz put his hand on her butt. She was standing in between his legs and they both were engrossed in the kiss. After a few long heavenly seconds, they both came up for air.
"I love you more than you realize. But sometimes if you love someone, you have to let them go." She said.
Fitz's eyes became filled with water and he hugged her.
"Please don't leave me." He pleaded, sounding more desperate than ever.
"I'm sorry." She said and walked out.
Hope you guys enjoyed my book and be sure to comment your thoughts. Unfortunately there will not be a second one because my mind is completely blank and if you want to watch their relationship up close, watch Scandal on Netflix. Please vote for my chapters and happy reading❤️😊😋