Chapter Eleven: Taking Charge

"What in the hell were you thinking? Forcing my kids to hang out with me when they didn't want to? You're not their mom you're not their manager so stay out of their lives and stay out of mine!" Fitz yelled at Liv.
He and his kids had just gotten back from a quiet, awkward evening dinner. He had stormed into Liv's room because her door was cracked open because her roommates were running in and out for different things. Liv looked at him with sad eyes and set down her pen and pad of paper.
"Fitz I'm sorry, I was just trying to help." Liv said to him.
"No, you were helping yourself. If I had my kids support then I would most likely win the election and if you helped my relationship with my kids then it would only boost your ego. You think that I wouldn't notice?" Fitz said.
"You think that I'm manipulative and selfish? Don't  you dare pin this on me. Your kids could've said no but they didn't. I didn't threaten them I just made a suggestion and they did it happily, how is that a crime?" She said raising her voice.
"You know what you did don't try to be innocent." Fitz said.
They were both silent and Fitz shut the door behind him and walked over to Liv and put his hand on her cheek. He pressed his lips against her's and she wrapped her fingers around his neck. Liv and Fitz were both angry but they ignored their thoughts and Fitz sat on the bed next to her and kept kissing her. She laid on her back and he climbed on top of her. He unbuttoned his shirt and took it off. Liv took her shirt off as well and they kissed again. He pressed his lips on her neck and she closed her eyes.
He began moving down but Liv said "stop, we can't do this anymore. Mellie already caught us once, I can't be the girl who destroys a marriage."
Fitz looked at her and sighs.
"Fine, if that's what you want, then I'll stop, but I'm done chasing you." He said and put his shirt back on.
Fitz stood up, opened the door, and walked out. Liv sat up and put on her shirt and sat there in silence wondering if they made the right decision.
Her phone rang and she picked it up
"Harrison what is it?" She asked with a stern voice trying to hide her sadness.
"The kids aren't at the hotel. I've already checked any possible place they might be but no luck." He said.
"Check again, tell Abby to start at the restaurant they were at last night and go from there. See if Huck can get a signal off of Karen or Jerry's cellphone to track them. I'll deal with Mellie and the governor."she said.
Liv hung up the phone and stood up. She put her jacket over her white tank top and put on her high heels. Liv walked out of the room and found Mellie and Fitz talking to a worker about the polls which wasn't looking good.
"Governor Grant, it's an emergency. I need you and your wife to come with me now." Liv said.
"This isn't a good time." Fitz said not even looking at her.
"That's gonna have to wait because this is about your children, they're missing. I have my team working on it but I'm meeting Abby at the restaurant they were last seen but I need you both to come with me." Liv said.
They nodded and followed Liv to the elevator. When they were all in, Liv pressed the button with a one and the elevator began to move. Shortly after there was a ding and the doors slid open. They all walked out and Liv led the way to a black car. Once they were all in, they buckled up. Mellie and Fitz were sitting next to each other holding hands and Liv was sitting in front of them staring out the window.
"Were to governor?" The driver asked.
"Same restaurant as last night." Fitz said turning his head to look out of the window as well.
The driver nodded and hit the gas pedal. Liv picked up her phone and clicked Abby's name in the contact and hit the call button.
"Abby, we'll be there in about 20 minutes so hang tight. Any leads?" Liv asked.
Mellie and Fitz sat up, hoping that there was some good news.
"Huck hasn't found a signal yet and there's no evidence showing were they could've  gone." Abby said.
"Keep looking and tell Huck to pick up the pace. We need to find them." Liv said and hung up the phone.
Mellie and Fitz slouched in their seats with disappointment and they held their hands even tighter. The rest of the car ride was silent and once they were there, they all got out of the car and walked into the restaurant.
"Liv, good you're here. I think I found something." Abby said.
Abby gestured for them to follow her and they did.
"After I talked to you, I walked back here and I found Karen's belt." Abby said guiding them into the kitchen.
"Unless one of your guards are extremely horny, I think that Karen came here to meet up with her high school sweet heart and they most likely ran away. Jerry's phone was found in his jacket pocket and his jacket was left on the chair so his whereabouts are still unknown. Karen has her phone with her so Harrison is already going after her and we're hoping that Jerry went with her to protect her or something." Abby said very pleased with herself.
"Okay, I need you to keep me posted on Harrison's progress and I'll worry about Jerry because he definitely didn't go with his sister." Liv said and walked back out to where the tables are.
She put on a pair of latex gloves and told Fitz and Mellie to step back. She reached into Jerry's jacket and grabbed his phone. Liv flipped it open and pressed a few buttons. Once Liv was done observing it, she put it in a plastic bag and handed it to Abby.
"Jerry has called a certain number five times. Call it and see if it can help us." Liv said.
Abby nodded and walked over to a table, sat down, and began working. Liv pulled out her phone and called Harrison.
"Have you found her yet?" She asked.
"Yeah, I also found another guy, in an awkward position." He said in a weird grossed out voice.
"I didn't need to know that. Are you on your way here?" Liv asked.
"Yeah, we're getting in the car right now." He said and hung up the phone.
"Karen is on her way, any luck with that number?" Liv asked Abby.
"Huck traced the number back to a air port about 10 minutes from here. Looks like the flight leaves in 15 minutes so we don't have much time." Abby said.
"Okay good work." Liv said.
"Can you tell us what's going on?" Fitz asked.
"Karen ran off with some boy but Harrison is bringing her back as we speak and Jerry is trying my to catch a plane out of here but Abby and I are gonna go and get him so wait here." Liv said.
Before Fitz and Mellie had a chance to process the information, Abby and Liv walked out of the building and into the car.
"What if we're too late? What if he gets on that plane?" Abby asked.
"He won't....hopefully." Liv said.