Chapter 18: True Love

Liv woke up in Matts arms and they were both under the covers. Liv silently scooted out of his grasp and put on her bra and underwear. She grabbed his T-shirt and put it on. The clock read 3:00 in the morning but Liv decided to get up. She walked into the living room and called Cyrus.
"Hello?" He said like he just woke up.
"Cyrus, I need you to deliver a message for me. It's about the campaign." She said.
"Who?" He asked.
"Governor Grant." She said.
"Why can't you just tell him?" Cyrus asked beginning to be more awake.
"I quit the campaign, you're in charge now." She said hoping he wouldn't get angry.
"You what?!? Why the hell would you do that?!? Did something happen?" He yelled.
"You don't need my help anymore, best of luck." She said.
"Liv, I know that Fitz must've done something but screw him. Do this for me. And then after the election, you can be done but we need you Liv. This is the final sprint across the finish line and we need you to make sure that we finish first." He pleaded.
"Fine." She said reluctantly.
"Okay, good. Now call him and tell him that you're back in." He said.
"Wait I can't just-" but he had already hung up.
Liv set the phone down and walked over to the cupboard. She pulled out some pop corn and then got a wine glass. She then got some wine out of the fridge, put the pop corn in the microwave, and poured her wine into the glass. Once the pop corn was done she sat in front of the tv and turned the news on. She ate pop corn and watched as the news lady jabbered on about celebrity break ups. Then she pressed her hand up to her ear where her phone piece was.
She got a concerned look on her face and said "We'll be back after this."
Before Liv could watch the first commercial, Matt came in and sat next to her.
Liv held the bowl out "thanks." He said and took a handful.
As they munched on popcorn and watched the ads Matt stood up.
"I better go." He said walking into her room and putting on his pants.
"What? Why?" She asked setting her drink down and standing up.
"Because you have to make a phone call to the real love of your life." He said with a weak smile.
"What are you talking about?" She asked.
"Grant and you, you're in love with him and I can only assume he feels the same considering the fact that he came over here with no reason other than the fact that his mistress has a boyfriend. And that's also why you quit the campaign but you're gonna be back on it for Cyrus. You were going to wait until I was gone and call him." He said putting on his shoes.
They both stood there in silence until Liv said "why didn't you tell anyone? And why did you still sleep with me if you knew?"
"Because I was hoping you'd change your mind but I realize now that you won't." He said.
"Do you want your shirt back?" Liv asked.
"No it's ok, keep it." He said. "I'm sorry." She said weakly.
"Me too."he said leaving.
Liv stood there, alone, in her apartment and began to cry. Then, not even a second later she wiped away her tears.
"No," she said to herself "I don't get to cry."