Chapter 19

Chapter 19

       "I still think we should try leaving," Jake said. "I don't like being in here."

       "We're going to have to wait until we know it's safe," Flynn said. "Besides, how are we going to get back? We'll have to walk it and if Ryan isn't in custody of the police, then we're screwed."

       "And how would we know when he's arrested?" Lilly asked.

       "Uh, easy," Flynn said. "I have my phone and there's still date. It will be all over the news, so I just check it out. Seriously, you guys need to start thinking more logically and not the simple 'Oh, there's nothing we can do'. Seriously, it's like I'm the only smart person here. Say, Lilly, can you kiss my cheek again for being a genius?"

       "No, that was a one time thing," Lilly said.

       "You say that now...." 

       "I'll always be saying that," Flynn said as he took out his phone again, then handing it to Lilly. "Here. Since Ryan is going to get arrested, call the cops and tell them you know the where Death by Death's HQ is."

       "Wow, you're really thinking this through," Lilly said. "I'm really tempted to kiss you again." Flynn smiled. "But it's not going to happen."

       "Aww...."

       Lilly rolled her eyes and called the police, explaining to them who she was and where the HQ is. She also told them where we were and asked if someone could come here to let us out. She then hung up and handed the phone back to Flynn. 

       "So....Is that kiss still up for grabs?" Flynn asked.

       "Not happening."

       "No need to be so rude."

       "I'm getting bored," Jake whined. "I miss Minecraft."

       "We'll play once we wait this out," Flynn said. "Which I'm hoping doesn't take too long."

       It felt like hours before we heard a care pull up. Logan went to the small window on the side to check it out. "Oh....No...."

       "What?" I asked, walking over as well.

       It wasn't the police.

       "It's Ryan," Logan said. "And he does not look happy."

       "Quick, Flynn, hide your phone," Lilly said.

       "What? Why?" 

       "Because if he finds out you called them, he'll hurt you," Lilly said before grabbing Flynn's cell phone out of the pocket. She didn't have time to hide it because Ryan came it, so she quickly shoved it in her back pocket before he could see.

       "Who called the cops?" Ryan asked. 

       "What are you talking about?" Flynn asked. "You took our cell phones."

       "Yeah, I did," Ryan said. "But someone called me and warned me that the cops are waiting by the entry of the town, and they have information about my car, including the license plate."

       "So?" Flynn asked. "Someone could have seen you driving with us."

       "True, but then I was also told that the cops know the location of the HQ and arrested all but one of the members," he said. "So which one of you called the cops, huh?" 

       My hand tightened around Logan's arm when I saw Ryan's gun sticking out of his pants' belt. My heart started beating fasted when he reached for the weapon, his hand just resting there.