Chapter 20 | Final Chapter

The book pretty much ended, so.... Yeah. cx

Chapter 20

       "Mom!" Flynn called as we walked into the living room. "I really need some advice. I'm really heartbroken and I think I might cry any second."

       "What's wrong?" Mom asked, pausing the movie she was watching with me and Logan.

       "I asked a girl out," Flynn said. "And she rejected me."

       "Does the girl go by the name of Lilly?" I asked.

        "What? No," Flynn said. "Okay, yeah. She will say yes one day, I guarantee it."

        I raised an eyebrow. "You really think my best friend is going to have a crush on my little brother?" Even though she totally did.

       "Yes," Flynn said. "I mean, who can resist all of this? I already know someone that can't resist me. Starts with a J. Rhymes with ca--"

       "Are you always so annoying?" I interrupted. "We're trying to watch a movie."

       "Why yes, I am," Flynn said. "There are too many girls in this house. When is Dad coming home?" It didn't really take long for Flynn to start calling my dad 'Dad'. It did feel a bit weird for me at first and it did take me longer than Flynn. I just avoiding trying to get Dad's attention to talk to him so I wouldn't have to call him Dad.

       "What do you mean there are too many girls?" Logan asked. "There's Fin and your mom. Then there's me and you. That's two and two."

       "Wait, you're a boy?" Flynn asked. "Prove it?"

       "I can verify that he is indeed a boy," I said.

       Flynn's face scrunched in disgust. "That's disgusting. I didn't need to know that."

       "You walked right into that one," I said.

       Flynn didn't reply as he huffed and walked into the kitchen, most likely to get food. Mom unpaused the movie and I tried paying attention to it, but it was a bit hard, to be honest. Most of the time, my mind was just occupied thinking about everything I had to go through with Death by Death.

       Me thinking I lost one of my two best friends.

       Flynn being bitten by a poisonous snake.

       Having to rob a bank which resulted in both Logan and Flynn getting shot.

       Ryan escaping prison.

       Them trying to make a gas bomb.

       Seeing Ryan's dead body in the shed....

       "You okay?" Logan asked me in a quite voice.

       I nodded and released a deep breath. "Yeah. Yeah, it's just....a bit hard getting passed all of what happened. I mean, we're finally free from all of it. All the members are in jail, there's no longer a gas bomb being made, Ryan is....I still can't get passed it."

       "Don't worry, you're not the only one," Logan said. "You know me. I tend to hang onto the past longer than I have to."

       "Yeah, I know," I said. "It's probably worse on you than it is on me."

       "No, don't compare it," Logan said. "It was bad for the both of us. We'll get over it soon, don't worry. It may take a few weeks, months, even years. But at least everything is going well for us. Lilly's alive, your dad's alive."

       I gave him a faint smile. "Yeah, that's true. I still can't believe it. For the longest time, it was just me and my mom. Then Flynn came along. And now my dad is actually alive and living with us. Our family is almost perfect."

       "Almost?" Logan asked. "What's missing?"

       "A dog."

       Mom snorted. "You're not getting a dog, Infinity."

       "Mom, it's rude to eavesdrop," I said. 

       "It's kind of hard not to listen in when you're talking over a movie I'm trying to watch," Mom pointed out. "But, all that aside, are you okay?"

       "Never better," I said honestly.

       The front door opened and Dad walked in, carrying a few bags of takeout food. Flynn immediately ran out of the kitchen. "I smell Chinese food," Flynn said. "Did you bring Chinese food?"

       Dad held up the bags. "I did bring Chinese food."

       "Yes!" Flynn said happily.

       Dad brought the bags to the living room and set them on the table. He noticed Logan sitting there and chuckled. "I see you can't go a single day without coming over," Dad said. "I kind of figured you would be here, so I made sure to get extras."

       "Thanks," Logan said.

       Once we all got some food and were sitting down, Flynn decided to bring up Lilly yet again. "So, dad, I need advice," Flynn said. "I asked Mom but she's pretty much useless."

       "Thanks," Mom said sarcastically.

       "What is it?" Dad asked.

       "How do you get a girl to like you?" Flynn asked. "I try so hard, but the girl I am in love with doesn't even pay attention to me."

       I snorted, but Flynn didn't hear me. Oh, trust me, she did pay attention.

       "Does this girl go by the name of Lilly?" Dad asked.

       "Yes. She keeps rejecting me and it hurts because I love her so much."

       "You're fourteen, Flynn," I said.

       "Shut up. She's my soulmate."

       "Well, you may hate me for this advice, but you just have to be patient," Dad said. "It may take a while, but maybe she will eventually like you back, maybe she won't. You just have to wait and see."

       Flynn huffed. "I can't wait any longer. It hurts me."

       "Hey, if it makes you feel better, I had to wait a couple years to start dating Fin," Logan said. "It's really not that bad waiting."

       "Whatever."

       I rolled my eyes. I did wonder when Lilly wouldn't reject him anymore. Who knows?

_________________

I thought this would be a good place to end the book so it leaves you wanting to read the next book. BUT I have to think of a title. And make a cover. But if I can do it soon, I'll work on it today (Wednesday technically because it's almost midnight). But I also want to get a chapter of Vigor up, and maybe Dedrick. We'll see. I don't have school Wednesdays or Thursdays so that gives me more time.

Anyway, thank you for reading this book that was shorter than all my others. cx And thanks for putting up with the infrequent updates. cx At least it's finished now. :D

I'll post an update when the next book is up. I can't wait to write it because I really miss writing about Jake, Taylor, and especially Newt. cx