Chapter 13

Chapter 13

       We have been waiting for a few days now to get the next task and I was nervous as hell. I was worried that they were actually going to build the gas bomb. We had to do something about it, but we were just teens.

       There had to be something we could do.

       "Mom!" Flynn called from the living room. "I'm heartbroken!"

       "Why?" Mom asked, walking into the living room.

       "I asked out a girl today, and she said no," Flynn said. "It was heartbreaking."

       I rolled my eyes. "And let me guess. It was Lilly?" I asked.

       "What?" Flynn asked. "No, of course not....Okay, it might have been Lilly. Don't worry, one day, she will be my girlfriend."

       "Keep dreaming," I said. I highly doubt that Lilly would agree to date Flynn.

       "Stop being mean to me," Flynn said. "Mom, I need some ice cream to feel better. I'm really heartbroken and I don't know if I'll ever get over it."

       Mom just sighed and shook her head before walking back into the kitchen.

       "You really need to get over Lilly," I said. "She's three years older than you."

       "Shut up," Flynn said. "She's the love of my life."

       I ignored him, mainly because I heard the Death by Death cell phone buzz on the coffee table. I sighed, picking it up and reading the message. I frowned before grabbing my own phone and calling Logan. I told him that we had another task and had to leave as soon as we could, so he told me he would be on his way.

       "We have another task?" Flynn asked when I hung up my phone.

       "Yeah," I said. "I'll explain everything in the car." I then went to the kitchen where Mom was baking cookies. "Mom, Logan's going to come pick me and Flynn up, then we're going to go to out somewhere. I feel like we've been stuck inside all day."

       "Okay," Mom said. "Make sure you're careful. I know you don't like to think about it, but that man can show up at anytime."

       "I know," I said in a quiet voice. "We'll be careful."

       "Good," Mom said, giving me a thin smile.

       I walked back out of the kitchen and Flynn and I got ready to leave. It wasn't long before Logan pulled into the driveway, so we got into his car.

       "So, what's the task?" Logan asked.

       "We have to go to this place and get a can with this symbol on it," I said, showing Logan the text with the symbol attached.

       Logan sighed. "And where is the location?"

       I got the directions and put it on the GPS before Logan began driving there. "Logan? Do you know what the symbol is?" I asked.

       "Well, if I were to take a wild guess, I'd say it is sarin gas," he said.

       "You really think they're planning on making the gas bomb?" I asked.

       "Why else would they want those directions back?" Logan asked. "They would have kept it there until they're ready to build it."

       "And I guess they're going to get us to get all the supplies," Flynn spoke up. "So they don't get caught."

       I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "What was Ryan thinking when he decided to make this group? How can someone ever want to kill innocent people?"

       "I don't know, Fin," Logan said. "I really don't. I'm just hoping we get out of this."

       "And find a way to stop the gas bomb," Flynn said. "I don't know how."

       "At least we have instructions to make it," I said. "I don't know if it would help, but we'll know what we're dealing with."

       "Let's make it ourselves and drop it on their HQ," Flynn said.

       "Flynn, no," I said. "We're not going to stoop to their level."

       Flynn sighed. "I know."

       It took a while to get to the place, which looked like an abandon warehouse. I had no idea how we were going to easily get the can if there was security. Hopefully there wasn't.

       We got out of the car and carefully walked toward the backdoor. Logan opened it for me and Flynn and as soon as we got in, we were met with a long hallway with dozens of doors. Great. 

       "Now what?" Flynn asked.

       "Look?" Logan asked. "This could take forever and we might get caught."

       "What does the symbol look like?" Flynn asked. I showed Flynn a picture of the symbol. "Ooh, I know where it is."

       "How would you know where it is?" I asked.

       "These signs on the door," Flynn said, pointing to one of the doors. "This one is non-toxic gases, so I'm guessing we have to find the door with that sign. Easy."

       "Yeah, so easy," Logan said. "You know, if we don't get caught and jailed."

       "Be optimistic," Flynn said as he started walking down the hallway. It wasn't long before he found it and without hesitation, he opened the door and walked in.

       I swear, one day, he was going to get into a lot of trouble.

       He then walked back out, carrying a can with an identical symbol to the one Ryan sent us. "Got it," he said. "That was easy."

       "Yeah," Logan said. "A bit too easy. Isn't anyone else worried about how there's literally no security?"

       "Who cares?" Flynn asked. "We should just leave before anyone finds out."

       We left the building and as soon as we did, a loud blaring filled through the air, as well as red flashing lights blinking on the outside. Flynn immediately started running to the car and since I was bit hesitant, Logan grabbed my hand and pulled me to the car.

       We quickly got inside and Logan pulled out of the parking lot. I quickly messaged Ryan, telling him that we got the can. He gave us a meeting place, so I told Logan where.

       "You think we were noticed?" Logan asked.

       "Hopefully not," I said.

       "It still was pretty easy," Flynn said. "It's not our fault they have a lack of security."

       "Tell me about it," Logan said.

       The car then went into silence, so I turned on the radio, which was a big mistake because Flynn started "singing" loudly. And by that, I meant screaming at the top of his lungs.

       When we got to the place to meet Ryan, Flynn handed Logan the can because Logan offered to quickly drop it off.

       He shortly came back and climbed into the driver's seat. "He said the next one's going to be easier," Logan said.

       "Good, because this one was very easy," Flynn said. "I bet it's some more materials for the bomb."

       "I wouldn't doubt it," Logan said.

______________________

I hate that I know what I want to write, but I can't bring myself to actually write the chapter. :/

I don't even have an idea on where this book is going. cx I have the ending planned out, but that's it.