UNWANTED AND BROKEN

Chapter 4

"Look, Baby, Look at our newborn son," Hannah said with a smile on her face and sweat pouring down from her forehead to her cheeks.

Mark walked closer to Hannah's room to her bedside, with nerves look on his face. He went to her bedside and leaned over to take a better look at his first son. He started to cry. 

"He is perfect, Look at him, he has my nose, eyes and mouth, and ears. yep, he is all me." Mark said with a big smile on his face.

"Do you want to hold your son?" Hannah asked with a tired look on her face.

Mark was worried that he would drop the baby and he looked at his wife and looked at the nurses. 

"I don't know, I might drop him, and he might land on his head and get hurt or die." Said Mark with much sadness upon his face. 

"I have an Idea said the nurse, why don't you set down and hold your newborn?"
"So you know without a doubt that you will not drop your baby."

Mark went and sat down next to Hannah's bed and held out his arms. With every step, the nurse took Mark started to shake.

"Are you okay Mark?" Asked one of the nurses.

"Yes," Mark replied with still so many thoughts going through his head.

"Here you go." "Just relax hun you be fine." The nurse reinsured Mark.

"My baby," Mark said with such a big smile on his face. "Seth William Wilkinson is his name," Mark said with great pleasure.

"That is a handsome name for boy." nurses said to Hannah and Bill.

Knock, knock "hey everyone," said, Officer Briggs.

"Hello!" said Hannah and Mark.

"Look at my son, isn't he just perfect?" "Do you want to hold him?" Asked Mark.

"Sure," said Officer Briggs.

Officer Briggs walked alongside Mark and bent down and took the baby from Mark.

"He looks like you," said Officer Briggs.

Mark had a proud look on his face.   

With every tear that Mark had rolling his face with so much emotion was building up inside. So many questions that are running in his head.

"Are you OK Mark?" Asked one of the nurses.

"So much on my mind," replied Mark.

"Why don't you come to my office and we will talk about all your questions so I can answer them for you, we may do this now if you like I have time." Replied the nurse.

"Yes, that would help me." Replied Mark.

As Mark kissed Hannah and said I love you to his wife and his newborn he walked off with the nurse. As they walked into the hallway they went to the front counter and the nurse asked the other staff to not interrupt her with anything.  Then they went down the hall and went into a room that had white walls and big windows and pictures of babies and had two chairs sitting in front of the desk like he entered the principal's office.

"This looks like the principal's office." Replay Mark.

The nurse smiled said," yes your right, I have never thought of that." "Have a seat let's begin with any questions you might have." As the Nurse showed Mark a seat to set at.

Mark Asked questions like "What if the baby cries all night and day?"

The nurse smiled and said, "You check these things okay?"  "You check its diaper to see if he wet or went poop in the diaper." "If he didn't do any of that, then you want to check if the baby is hungry by having a bottle ready for him and you try that if he isn't hungry or doesn't need the diaper changed sometimes babies just want to be held because it's not sure what's going on." "Rock the baby," "If you don't, the best thing to do is walk around the house with the baby."