UNWANTED AND BROKEN

Chapter 2

Jeremiah leaned over and held out his hand. Here let me help you up Jeremiah said to Hannah.

"Thank you," Hannah said reaching for his hand to grab.

"Up you go." Jeremiah said with a grunt. Because Hannah was heavy.

"Boy, it is easier to get down than what it is getting up, Hannah said being out of breath."

Jennifer walked beside Hannah to help her into their car.

Are you sure you don't want to go to the emergency room to get checked out? Asked Jennifer.

"No thank you," Hannah replied.

"Ok, you can claim the front seat, and we will get you home," said Jeremiah.

"Thank you, so much for both of your help," Hanna said.

"See that gray house on the right?" "Three blocks up the street here?" "That is where I live." Said Hannah.

"Ok, we will let you out at your house." "Do you need help getting out of the car and inside your house?" Asked Jennifer?

"Frank pulled up to Hanna's house and stopped the car.

"No, thank you the both of you did enough for me already." As Hanna was getting out of the car.

"Thank you again, to both of you," Hannah said as she waved and started to walk to her house.

"Hannah walked to her house, and she walked in feeling if only she can eat something."

"Mark?" "Mark?!" "Mark!!!" "WHERE ARE YOU!!!" Hannah was looking around and yelling for the longest time, but no one was around.

Hannah knew she had to eat something since there was no food in the house because she put everything in the back seat of the car.

She sat down to think what can she eat. She realized that there were crackers that she didn't grab. Hannah got up and went to the pantry, and there it was Ritz crackers.

"Yes!" Hannah yelled with excitement as she grabbed a box of Ritz crackers opened it like she was a little girl getting a Christmas gift." The first time...

"Mmmmm," Hannah said with a happy look on her face as she took a bite.

The sick feeling was going away, and she felt better all at once. But she still was wondering where Mark was.

Knock, knock, knock someone was at the door. Hannah wasn't sure what to do, she got up from her chair and went to the window, it was Mark. Hannah went to the door and opened it and seen a cop that was beside him. This man said he lives here Mama, do you know him?

Hannah looked at him with disappointment. Yes, he is my husband. The police said Ok here you go, Mark. As the cop had taken off the cuffs.

"Thank you for bringing him home, I will take him from here." Said Hannah.

The policeman looked at Mark, the look on Mark's face the policeman knew that Mark wishes he was leaving with the policeman.

"Mark?"  "What happened?"  "Why do I smell alcohol?"  "Where is the food?" I need a car to get it, and you had it." Mark replied to Hannah with a worried look on his face.

Hannah looked at him and thought to herself we are still stuck in a rut because my car is miles down the road and I can't walk down there it's too hot. And you can't drive. I wonder if that kind policeman would take me down to my car. Hannah wondered.