UNWANTED AND BROKEN

Chapter 10 

"Your baby is not well, Not well at all." "I don't think it will live by tomorrow or sometime this week, I want you to lay there and do not get up, we are going to put a catheter on you and you have to be on strict bed rest." "We are going to put IV bags on you because you are dehydrated." "The drugs you took have to wear off and out of your system so there is not much we can do there but wait." "You will be going through withdraws but try to relax for the baby, We will give you something that will help the pain of withdraws, but not much of it, You hear me?"

Hannah shook her head in an agreement.  She has not a clue what was about to happen what she is about to face. The thought of the withdraws also the baby going to have withdrawn too, this is going to be so much stress for us to take, But she hated herself for what she tried to do.

"Before you go, doctor, I have one question; I want to know even though that I am going to get treatment on the withdraws, is the baby going to have the full effect of the withdraws more than me?"  Asked Hannah.

"That is why we are keeping the heart monitor on you so we can hear the baby if that changes while we give you the drug so you don't have the withdraw so bad and it ends up affecting the baby we have to immediately stop the drug we will give you and you have to go through the withdraw with the full effect. Replied Doctor Dan Starkey."

Hannah all at once started to stress a lot more, she didn't want the drug to have any effect on the baby, the baby heartbeat is already going faster and faster and the kicking of the baby was beginning to hurt with every kick." "Hannah was in so much pain that she was screaming out!" Hannah yelling carried clear out to the halls and other people were worried that someone was dying."

"What is going on?" Yelled one of the nurses as they all ran into Hannah's room as Doctor Dan Starkey was running in behind them. "Calm down Hannah you are affecting the baby that is why you are in so much pain, relax or we are going to have to take the baby and it is not ready to be born.  

Doctor Dan Starkey told the nurse to go get "lorazepam".

  One of the nurses ran into the nurse's station to get Lorazepam ordered immediately. Once one of the nurses received Lorazepam she immediately ran into Hannah's room.

"Here you go Let's get this in her system so we can get her to relax so she doesn't go into labor. " Said one of the nurses that were out of breath just because she ran into Hannah's room.

"I swear if the baby and I make it through this and we come out alive I am going to turn my life around, and go to church and worship God," Hannah said with much pain.

Mark looked at her and thought that would be a good thing, and hopes that she sticks to it. But she had said that many times before and went back to her habits before. Mark bowed his head and said to himself.

"Lord, this is Mark, "I know that you know me and you know that I have not been talking to you in a while and I am sorry, But I am asking you to give us a piece of hope that both my wife and my baby make it."  "I can not live without my wife and baby, she said just now she will change and I will hold her to that. Prayed Mark."

"Mark Looked up with tears in his eyes, and hope in his heart that everything will be okay."  Mark watched the doctors put Lorazepam in her ivy bag. And he saw the calmness on Hannah's face. He also listened for the heartbeat of the baby-making sure it was still beating. Hannah rolled over and went to sleep, Mark was too worried to even sleep; all night he watched the heart monitor of the baby and walked back and forth in front of Hannah's bed and then found himself looking out the window. Mark sat down and found himself getting to the point where he couldn't keep his eyes open. Mark Finley went to sleep.