Pretty little Princess

"Do not go gentle into that good night- rage, rage against the dying of the light," I whispered under my breath. With each repetition, my pace became faster. Each time I thought I was only dreaming, I'd turn around and find a pale face within the shadows. I needed to get away from this guy. He kept regular space between us, walking his slow but long strides and me walking my short, fast ones. My breath was gathering speed, my face getting cold, my hands sweating. My heart was beating in my ears, my brain frantic.

I was going to die. He was going to kill me. I knew it, when his strides got more regular and the gap between us was slowly coming to a close, like chiffon curtains. Running would make him run too- I had to bid my time. I wasn't afraid of death; but I really felt that I shouldn't die on an empty road, with no witness. I wasn't going to go to the grave without a fight. So I turned to face him. His hair shadowed half of his face, but I could see a thin line curve up into a smile.

Just then a Benz car revved up beside me and I knew the stranger had planned this up. Trapped me. Then the passenger door opened, "Get in," a voice said. I bent down to check if it was really the guy I thought it was. A tsunami of relief flooded over me;"Noah?" Right now, he seemed like an angel from heaven- or a demon from heaven.

He wore a black jacket over a white shirt, and his face was contorted in anger. For a minute, I preferred the pale stranger, who, when I looked back onto the street, was gone. But I knew he was lurking somewhere, so I got in.

Watching the spot where the pale guy was, I still couldn't believe what had happened; it was unrealistic- almost comical. Who was this guy? What did he want with me?

And then there was Noah. He drove in silence, knuckles white and jaws clenched. "Um, I guess I should thank-"

"Are you incapable of thinking properly? What the heck were you thinking when you decided to walk on the deserted streets in the night?" he spat, his voice raised.

I was taken aback. "What do you care?" I raised my voice too.

"Don't you realized what that creep could have done to you? You're being reckless and immature, and your mom would have been in a shit load of problems if you fell into trouble. Stop being such a freaking idiot!"

"I wouldn't have any trouble taking care of myself-"

He scoffed, "Yeah, Redmayne, were you going to ask mommy to give him detention? Let me tell you now, this is the fricking real world. No one gives a damn about whose daughter you are."

I was speechless. He knew. He knew I was the vice's daughter.

"Trying using this organ in your skull- it's called a brain. Maybe you would have gotten a cab then. Who the heck told you to walk? Are you that narrow minded?"

"Who the heck do you think you are to tell me off? What the fuck is your problem?" I raised my voice again. He then stopped the car. "Get out," he snarled.

"Gladly," I scowled, and shut his door with a bang. A bang that frightened me, at that. He sped off without a word. When his car vanished out of sight, I huffed. Great. Now I didn't know where I was. I turned around.

I was standing in front of my house. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy though. Both guys.

Dun wary dudes, the chapters are gonna get longer.

Enjoy-vote-comment

~AHX