"Meh" and bright pink hearts.

I am not the one to adhere. I am not the one to conform. – The Conventional

I scribbled onto the piece of paper and shoved it to my pocket. In my other schools, I'd do it almost all the time because I had no one to be occupied with. But today Clarissa had pulled me to the back of the class and I had to endure her fights with Troye and Max. I had barely enough time before anyway, because Jaden was trying to persuade me to see her band. This morbid obsession with bands was nerve racking. The Vamps, the 1975, the Black Veil Brides, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Guns and Roses... and something else... a... Antarctic monkeys was it? Arctic? Nah, definitely Antarctic monkeys; yes, I think remembered all of them.

The bio class had no substitute; this, unfortunately, meant that I was introduced to the rest of the delinquent (but hot) boys. Cameron, who was oblivious to Jaden's existence; Finn, who had bronze skin; Tyler, who had platinum blonde hair, and Adrian, who had absorbing blue eyes and red lips he kept on biting. And then there was blank faced Noah, who began scribbling on his book the minute I joined. He seemed to be ignoring us; I chose to shrug it off.

"But I was slightly high, I couldn't have won-"

"We were all high, Tyler, you couldn't have won even if you were sober," said Adrian, smirking.

"Oh yes I could!"

"No, you couldn't. Now shut up."

"Yes, I could. Alexis believes in me, right?"

I jerked to my name, realizing they were talking about me. Noah lifted his head to look at me, and a heavy but hollow feeling came in my chest. He returned to his scribbling and I looked at Tyler, "Sure... you could have won. Without anyone playing against you," I smirked.

"Hey!" he laughed, and Adrian high fived me. "Alex, d'you want to come with us? We're going this evening." Everybody nodded.

"I- uh... I don't know..." I shrugged.

"Oh come on! You're coming, I'm taking you," Clarissa said, pulling me to a hug. "Everyone's coming, right?" Everybody but Noah nodded. "Noah? You coming?"

Noah's blue eyes grazed mine, and then he smiled at Clarissa. "Nah, I think I'll pass."

"Whyyyy? You never skip the Race Course!!" Finn exclaimed.

"Meh," he smirked, and went back to his scribbling. But for some weird reason, I was pretty sure that 'Meh' had more meaning to it.

After bio, I went to the cafeteria alone to find Jaden playing with her pasta sulkily. "Why the long face?" I said, sitting next to her. She looked up from her trance. "Huh? Oh no, nothing," she smiled. I furrowed my eyes, then decided to let it slide. "Where's Connor?"

She shrugged, pulling her pink hair to a messy bun, "He said he had something to take care of." I knew there was something wrong with Jaden; I could sense it. "You busy this evening?" I asked.

"No, why?"

"Clarissa invited me to go with her to this place called Race Course."

Jaden's head turned to me with a smirk. I mirrored her expression, "Apparently some dude called Cameron's coming; and if I'm not wrong, it's just him and his friends, and Clarissa." Her eyes brightened, "Clarissa seems nice... I guess I could tag along?"

Connor joined us after that, with a mysterious smile on his face, and Jaden began her perpetually unending jokes about Kourtney.

I'd never seen a lovestruck girl like her; I was going to get Cameron to open his eyes without breaking her bright pink heart. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still wondering if it's arctic monkeys or antarctic monkeys...

jk, ik.

Enjoy- vote-comment

~AHX