special chapter [1] | new year's eve

happy new year

"Why are we even here, Isami?" Takumi murmured quietly, placing their tiramisu on the wooden table of the Polar Star Dormitory. Sei was able to convince the twins to come over, since they—as in the Polar Star residents—were going to have a party in celebration of New Years Day. "Oh come on, Takumi—" Sōma wrapped his arm around the blonde's neck, bringing him closer to the red head's body, "—lighten up!"

Takumi gritted his teeth, and pushed his rival away, feeling his cheeks redden at their sudden physical contact. "S-Step away, Yukihira!" He spat, glaring at the oblivious chef, who was busy checking out the dorm's decoration. "Don't ignore me!" The Italian blonde huffs, crossing his arm, as he places his arms on his chest.

"Yukihira—dio mio!" Sei was on the top of the staircase wearing a black yukata that adorned red roses as its designs. She wore a sheepish smile as her wooden slippers made a 'click' sound every time she made a step. "You look so cute, Imouto-chan!" The younger twin complimented sincerely. "Right, Nii-chan?"

Takumi couldn't spit the rights words out. He only had a bright red face, and he tried sputtering the words. "Y-You l-look v-very beautiful, S-Sei," he says, looking everywhere except her golden eyes. She tilts her head—a habit that Takumi had grown fond off—and smiles widely. "Thank you, Takucchi! That means so much to me!" He suddenly faints from too much 'cuteness', or as Isami puts it.

"Ah, gomen. Nii-chan can faint easily, Imouto-chan," he says, pulling his brother by his white collar. "He'll be fine! I'll bring him to our guest room." Sei nods at his words. "Thank you!"

"You're beautiful, Sei." Sōna wore a silly grin, but inside, his heart was pounding loudly. Of course, Sei didn't notice his uneasiness, and grins back at him. "Thank you, Sōmacchi! I wonder where the others are." Sōma shrugged his shoulders. Actually, he preferred if the others wouldn't come anymore. He wanted to spend time with Sei since its been a while since they last hanged out (and the last time wasn't really considered a friend-hang-out but more of a 'let's-walk-to-class' hang out).

RING! RING! Sei quickly apologizes to Sōma, who just grins back at her. "Just go," he shoos her off, walking to the sink. "Anyways, I still have to prepare the osechi for later." She nods her head, then quickens her pace out of the humid room. "Kojirōcchi?"

"Hello, Sei," he greets, softening his tone. "I can't make it there today." Sei takes a sharp breath before exhaling. "Why not?" She pouts, displeased with the new information. "Hinako, Fuyumi, and Danato has me locked in Fuyumi's restaurant," he explains, grabbing his glass of wine, "and they don't plan on letting me out, since Hinako claims that I'll 'taint' your 'inncocence—wait! Erase what I had just said from your mind!" He was panicked. Kojirō was well aware about the said girl's obliviousness. "Alright," she says, taking a seat on the stoned flooring.

For a few minutes, they talked about meeting up in France and the Moon Banquet, which made Sei feel giddy. "You promise you'll go?" A hint of worry in her tone. "Yes, Sei," he sighs, taking a small sip of his wine. "IS THAT SEI-CHAN?" Kojirō froze as he saw his other 'friends' with black auras surrounding them. "Kojirō," Donato starts with a glare, "DIDN'T WE TELL YOU NOT TO TALK TO SEI! WHO KNOWS WHAT YOU COULD'VE TOLD THE INNOCENT GIRL! DON'T YOU THINK ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES, AND CONSIDERING SHE IS THE ASURA'S DAUGHTER?!"

"Hinako-nee—"

"Bye Sei-chan! The others said, 'Happy New Year', by the way." And she hung up. Sei sighs before walking back to the dormitory. She could hear the faint shouts of Yūki, Daigo, and Shōji wrestling each other (something about Daigo and Shōji finishing the mochi).