0.6 | brother & sister

Sei was stressed (not the 'I-have-so-much-things-to-stress but more of the 'I'm-so-tired stress). It's been a few hours since her 'episode' — which Soma and Megumi saw — and she was already doubting about her decision. Just a few minutes ago, Gin came by to her hotel room and asked her if she wanted to participate in the shokugeki of the people she wanted to avoid greatly. She would've easily rejected him but alas, her father just had to intervene with their 'argument'.

"We'll be at the the first kitchen of the basement," Gin informs, walking away from her hotel room. She sighs and runs her fingers through her long, red hair. The young chef grabs the nearest clothes — a black camisole, blue denim shorts, and a grayish cardigan. She threw it on, took her phone, and headed to the basement.

Multiple people passed by her (Takumi, for some reason, bumped into her more than six times) and greeted her as she rushed down the hallways. "Sorry!" she shouts, not turning her head, hitting someone in the process. The stranger mumbled a soft "It's fine."

time skip

The cold breeze air hits her face while she runs to the unofficial cook-off. She could hear Kojiro arrogantly telling her two new-found friends that they were going to lose since his 'opponents' were going to make him the victor by a landslide. "Kojiro-nii, you're being too egoistic," she says, stepping into the room.

The atmosphere turns into a tensed and cold one as the late participant walks her way to the judges. "Hello everyone," she greets, giving them such a cold smile.

Kojiro could only frown at her actions. He didn't know what exactly happened in 'The Incident'; he only knew that the man was involved with 'The Incident'. "Sei will be just an observant," Gin smirks, pointing his finger to his goddaughter, "but she gets to judge if she wishes."

"Tadokoro Megumi," Sei starts, looking at the other contenders, "you shall be the lead chef. Yukihira Soma will act as her sous-chef." Before Soma could complain, Gin raises his hand to halt him from protesting. "Yukihira-kun, what if — let's say that Tadokoro-chan and you win by your skills, how will that help her?" The question struck Soma. 'No way,' he thought, his eyes were widening, 'Tadokoro's a strong person! There's no way —'

"Somacchi, please just follow," Sei begs, looking at him with her tired, restless eyes, "it's been a long day." Soma stares at her before sighing. "Fine," he says, giving in. "Shokugeki, start," Sei announces. Tadokoro Megumi was on the background, panicking since she didn't have a dish prepared.

"Dojima-san, I've already decided the dish I will cook. May I begin preparing it?" Kojiro smirks, staring intensely at his opponents. "Sure, go ahead," Gin replies, nodding his head. Kojiro spun around and gave Soma a haughty smirk. "Hmp... I feel for you, Yukihira," he says with a sigh.

Soma directs his heated gaze at his senpai. "... Why is that?" he questions, giving him an unamused look on his face. "You're feeling desperate, right?" Kojiro smirks, placing his hand on his hip in a 'I'm-better-than-you' manner., "because your expulsion depends on the skills of that dunce." And by dunce, he directly meant Tadokoro Megumi — who was still in panic.

"Did you hear that hateful way of speaking?!" Hinako whispered to her fellow alumni. "That's why you don't last long with women, Shinomiya-san," Donato smiled apologetically at him. Mizuhara deadpanned, "Shinomiya, I think you really have a bad personality." She hugs her knees closer.

An irk mark appeared on Kojiro's temple. "Silence outsiders!" he yelled.

"Wait, Hinako, when did you get ride of the ropes...?!"

"Do your best, my Megumi-chan!" the said woman yells to the frantic first year. "Shut up!" Kojiro shouts at his kohai. Megumi could only stare at the vegetables. 'Well, this is going nowhere,' Sei notes, watching the girl unnerve at each passing second.