0.4 | side chapter

n o t e | contains vulgar language

     ❝Shinomiya-senpai! Shinomiya-senpai! We have to tell the others!❞ Hinako urged, pushing her senpai to the wooden door. Kojirō only sighed and nodded his head, his coral hair following his motion.

     "But Saiba-senpai cannot know about what had happened, Hinako," he told his kōhai, adding a bit of malice in his tone. She bobbed her head. "I already told the others; the only ones who doesn't know is Saiba-senpai and Dōjima-senpai." They both shivered in fear.

     The two former Tōtsuki students were terrifying once something bad happened to their little angel. The Eight Seat had already seen what it was like — it was just a shokugeki that involved saying some things in front of the whole school — and for a few days, he hadn't attended his classes and duties.

    "What made her snap?"

     Kojirō stared at the wallpaper of his phone — it was the two of them. Kojirō could perfectly remember what happened that day. He was teaching her how to cook his Chou Farce [sp] since she completely fell in love with French dishes, with Italian Cuisine in second place.

     "Tch, why are you taking pictures with my phone, brat?" During those times, Kojirō would only refer her to 'brat', 'dunce', and 'nuisance'. He secretly hoped that it would affect her and runaway from him (because of not-really-obvious-but-people-could-guess-why reasons), but she didn't turn her back.

     Each day.

    Each hour.

    Each minute.

    Each second.

    He enjoyed every moment they had (e.g. throwing flour at each other) and simply treasured it. It gave him more inspiration to become a better chef than ever. Without Saiba Sei, he would've stayed as 'an evil senpai who doesn't care about people', or as Hinako says it.

    "Come on, let's take a photo!" Before he could protest, she grabbed his collar and pulled him closer to her, then smiled brightly at the camera.

    CLICK!

    "What was that, you brat?" She only giggled. "What are you —" once he saw his new wallpaper, his gaze softened. It was both of them (although Kojirō wasn't exactly smiling).

    "Just this once," he sighs.

    "It must've been us," he murmured, "we only remind her of him." Once he finished is sentence, Hinako started bawling. She felt extremely guilty, knowing how much pain Sei must have been going through by herself.

     RING! RING! RING! "I-It's Saiba-senpai! Shinomiya-senpai, what will we do?!"

    "Shit," he cursed under his breath. "They know."