Love In The Moonlight (Chapter 24)

24.

"Stop the car, put it in park." Kalee did as she was told then raised her hands in front of her. "Now you won't feel a thing." She was expecting to feel the cold swift pain of a blade across her skin, but no she felt as if she was suffocating all she could breath in was a sweet scent before passing out.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Kalee opened her eyes, shifting her weight around she felt the hard cold surface of the concrete floor scratch her bare skin. Her hands were bound behind her with hand cuffs and her legs were bound with duct tape. Looking around, Kalee couldn't see anything, there was a single light lit in the room,and it was dangling over her head, glaring on her like in a interrogation room. Her eyes fluttered to all the dark edges of the room trying to make out shapes or figure where she was being kept. Just then she spotted a park of glowing dark eyes, not like Connor's beautiful green eyes when they glowed, these were muddled the only way you could tell they were really glowing was because the bit of light reflecting off of them.

"Who's there? Show yourself, I see your eyes."

"Ahhh. Aren't you a smart little human." The female voice rang out and she knew instantly who it was.

"What's wrong, Lauren? Can't come closer can you?" Kalee taunted.

"I can't but I have someone else who can." Just then the entire room lit up, Lauren was standing by a light switch, and Kalee could tell she was hidden in a basement, hence the reason there was not windows in the room.

"Nice Lair, troll." Kalee spat out.

"You must really have death wish, human."

"See that's where your wrong, Lauren. One, I don't have a death wish, I have everything in the world to live for, and two, I'm not just human, you stupid whore."

"And how exactly are you not human, you can't shift."

"I may not but I am still part werewolf."

"So I hear, that's why you and your little bastard child were allowed in this pack, " Lauren began walking around Kalee, keeping her distance though, she assumed she could only get so close from Connor's orders. "But don't worry I'll take care of her too, then Connor will be free to take me as his mate like it was supposed to be!"

Kalee burst into laughter, she looked like a mad man, "So let me get this straight you actually think Connor will take you as a mate, when you are the one who hires someone to kill me and my child? You are one delusional bitch!"

Just then Lauren stalked off to the only door in the basement slamming it on her way out, Kalee could hear screaming and yelling through the door, but couldn't make out the words. Kalee had to hold out for hope that Connor would keep Ali safe until she could be found.

"Please hurry, Connor." She whispered.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"What are you talking about, Connor?" Ian's voice boomed as he jumped from his seat.

"She isn't answering her phone, she was supposed to be home by now." Connor's voice started to break. "Blain's mate started to bleed, so Kalee told him to go ahead with her, thinking she would be okay. But I know she's not."

"Connor, you bring that child to the house, now, bring a piece of Kalee's clothing with you, something with her scent. I will get our best trackers here and we will find her!" Ian's voice became strained.

"Ian?"

"Liz, I need you to watch Ali, with your life. They have taken Kalee." Elizabeth's breath was caught in her throat, she clutched her hands to her chest.