Chapter 1 - Lock Down

Why today I thought as the sound of the lock down alarmed filled the classroom, the girls as always started to panic and the boys were confused, I on the other hand wanted, no needed to get this essay done, yes I was one of those determined people not that I liked school work but I always ended up stressing, so get it down now instead of later. The lights went out great I thought as I looked outside to see the sun disappear behind huge grey clouds, lightning stuck and thunder rumbled I heard a few ahhhhhss from the girls why were we in lock down because of a thunder storm I thought, more lightning stuck across the clouds making patterns, it reminds me of upside down trees or veins, I imagined what it must feel like to have that sort of power run through your veins and have it at your command.  I turned back to my laptop and turned the music up

(lyrics from "the legacy" by black veil brides)

The legacy

Born from a dream

On leather wings

Rose from the streets

With the hands on destiny

The music gave me comfort a sense that I could do everything and be anything, I stared at my screen, my mind was numb now that I was distracted I sighed as I knew that it was going to be a long time before they declared it safe outside "HEY LOOK AT THIS!", one of the boys shouted my head shot up and I took out my ear buds and walked to the windows that were crowded, I found a spot and pushed my way in, outside the storm was getting more wild, as the wind picked up and the trees blowing wildly, this was just the start and there was more, the speakers crackled to life and everyone looked at the roof "stay in side, I repeat no one is to go out, serve s... wait what I...s  ... th..at", the voice crackled as static now replaced it, then it was silent I looked toward Natalie her eyes were wide open, mixed with confusion and fright, we looked back outside as the wind grew stronger and the leaves left the ground, I wanted to unseen what I saw, something I wished never to happen to the town, above the roofs of the other classrooms in the distance as I watched the leave carried into the forming tornado.

it was the most terrifying thing, I entwined my fingers with Natalie as we braced ourselves for the worst, I held my breath as a car was lifted into the sky and thrown straight at our classroom "GET DOWN!", I screamed as I pushed Natalie to the ground, it was a blur the glass shattered on impact, glass flew everywhere, bits pricked my skin but I couldn't care less, dust hang in the air as I got on my knees and looked around, my classmate lay and kneeled next to each other coughing, some had blood dripping from the cuts they had gotten, everything was in slow motion, I looked behind me to see a big gaping hole and the car crumpled and smashed, my ears ringed from the explosion but the attention was quickly diverted back to Natalie, I turned to look at her, she sitting and coughing, she had a cut on her arms which didn't look to bad she looked at me and then at my forehead, I felt something cold slowly trickle down, I put my finger up to my head and looked at them sure enough blood red as roses was painted on the fingers.

I looked back at Natalie and time seemed to go back to normal, I hugged her and she hugged back crying into my shoulder as I did too, as the thought of losing each other would be too much to bear on ourselves alone, the wind was still strong but any sign of the tornado was nowhere to be seen. We let go of each other and stood up, in the process of supporting each other, we looked at the mess, some classmates cried while others told them that everything was going to be fine, I looked towards Natalie and she nodded her head, seeing how I was fine I ran to the sick bay in the office and grabbed what I could, i ran back out as fast as i could go, I got back and walked in handing bandages to people and checking that no one was seriously injured or critical.

the rest of the day was a blur and the ambulance came by and the storm for now had seemed to calm down, I departed from Natalie as my parents were worried sick about me and the same for Natalie's parents to, but it was good because later we got to catch up again, while school was being rebuilt, I had hoped that there would no more surprises, oh how I was so wrong...

A/N

Thank you to those who were reading my other book and were patience enough for me to get started on this new version, I will be taking the other version down and make this one public, i hope that this one is better then my original as, it is the new year and new thoughts have come into mmy head as where I want to go with this books, so I hope you enjoy the first chapter "Lock Down",

Word Count: 836 (not including the A/N)