4

"Abi, soup!!!" Hoodie cried up the stairs before strolling into the kitchen. He glanced at Toby and Masky as they filled their plates.

They decided to have more of a dinner this time. All the proxies wanted a meal rather then eating like college kids as they've been doing for the past three weeks. Chicken cooked on the grill, home made mash potatoes, gravy and steamed vegetables, the works. As they made their plates mountains Hoodie smiled and glanced back at the stairs. He could hear Abi's little feet pattering as she rushed out of her room and down the hallway.

Jack passed him in that moment, holding his and Abi's meal under his arm. Why he continued to be so shy about his food Hoodie only sigh. Jack need not be so embarrassed, like a vegetarian at a meat fest. But even then the vegetarian would be perhaps more proud of them self or stunned about the others eating ways, not Jack.

Hoodie smiled again and stopped the cannibal. The comparison of Jack to a vegetarian is a little backwards. "Love you." Lifting up his mask and showing off a smile the cannibal leaned over and gave him a kiss. "Love you," he hummed and the proxy momentarily lost himself in the deep voice. Letting him pass Hoodie watched before turning to Abi's voice.

"Why do you call it soup? We're just eating together," she asked jumping down the stairs one at a time, her dress's ribbons untied in the back and dragging, result giving Hoodie a mini heat attack. "Dude I've told you not to jump down the stairs how many times?"

"I haven't tripped yet."

"That's not the point."

Grinning when she reached the last step the little girl went to walk past quickly but Hoodie caught her in his arms and lifted her. Laughing in half surprise Abi kicked and filled the room with her delight. Shaking her a little, making the small cannibal laugh more, Hoodie set her back down and tightly pulled the ribbons ends playful. Abi sent him a toothy grin.

"We call it soup because I was raised in a family that called it soup instead of dinner," he explained tying the ribbon into a bow, tightening it suddenly once done talking. Abi giggled at the gesture, feeling it was a challenge like everything else, but curiosity caught her tongue before play. "Your family?"

Jack was interested, though he didn't act so. He never learned about Hoodie's family before and tried acting casual. The proxy could read him easy. The cannibal was hooked.

Shrugging Hoodie pulled Abi's hair back and into a bun. Having had her around a time he's learned many a hair style. "There's nothing to say. I never really knew my family, felt as though I was in a house of strangers."

Abi followed him to the table and took the seat offered once pulled out. Instead of saying brat Masky often called her princess for how spoiled she is. Abi liked it and would smile proudly, making the others snicker.

"Did you have any brothers or sisters?"

Hoodie was a little surprised about Toby's interest, he and Masky shared a look. Toby doesn't remember his past, Masky only knows bits and pieces of his own, Hoodie knew his well but never shared. Out of all of them it was most odd for Toby to ask about siblings. Hoodie strolled over to make his plate while he responded, his tone friendly and aloof. "Two brothers. I was the middle child, but I don't remember them."

Toby nodded, his look showing inward thought. Masky brushed his shoulder as he walked by the youngest of them. "What's that look for huh? I didn't grill that chicken so it could get cold."

Grinning Toby rushed after and took a seat at the small table. Abi didn't want to drop it though, she was curious. What were siblings like? Does order really matter? How were they strangers? She couldn't imagine Dad forgetting their names. He hardy forgot anything. "What were their-"