10

Checking his pockets Jack walked to Abi's room, his shoes making a tap tap tap on the stairs. The cannibal muttered to himself as he went. Carefully he ran a finger along the side of a scalpel in his pocket, checking its sharpness.

He needed to go out and get more food. Their stock wasn't low, but it was getting close since last he hunted was two weeks before the proxies left. It's been a good chunk of time since then, shy of three weeks. Two cannibal's could eat a lot, even with Jack holding back and only eating what he needed to. That Abi though, she would whine and whine for the eyes. Why she liked them was another mystery to the older cannibal, he found no appeal in eyeballs. He wasn't to favorable of their texture but wouldn't let anything go to waist if it could be helped. Kidneys on the other hand,..

"Tsk," he huffed at himself. Carried away in thought Jack had forgotten the recently sharpened scalpel in hand and nicked his finger. Making a face behind his mask the organ eater pushed up the wooden facade and stick his finger in his mouth.

He heard Abi before he seen her, but what caught his attention was her chatter. "Eee!! But but you're so pretty in a dress! Ah-!! Don't say that, da-dad dad'll yell at you if he heard you say that!"

Jack raised an eyebrow as he approached the door. "Dude?" He asked standing in the threshold, his finger no longer in his mouth.

Abi looked over at him with a smile still on her face, all alone. "Yeah?" She giggled, picking up the dresses that were tossed about.

"Who were you talkin' to?" Jack quizzically noticed the mess. The little girl didn't keep neat like him, she was more like Toby on that regard. But she cared awful much for her dresses, why would they be on the floor?

"Pixel."

"Who's Pixel?"

Abi stood up with an arm full of gowns. "My friend!"

Jack hummed and checked his finger to see if it was still bleeding. It was but he ignored it. "Uh, where'd you meet this friend. Are they still here?"

"Uh-uh. Pixel had to go, she had to go do something I think. But I've known him a long time. When he's not busy he'll come and visit me! Like today!"

Jack hummed again and pocketed his hands. Frowning a moment it occurred to him that Pixel was probably an imaginary friend. After all, Abi she was often alone- before and now- and has a creative mind. Jack couldn't help but smirk. He remembered having one when he was younger. He had based his imaginary friend after a few important people he had known many many years ago, like an older sister and best friend at the time. He shook his head, Jack had things to do besides reminisce.

"Well I'm leaving. I'll be back before night at the latest. Stay inside, and don't cause any trouble. Let Pixel know that to," he informed, finding a sweetness in Abi's figment.

The little girl snickered and threw the dresses on her bed. "Okay! If he comes back I'll let him know!" She sang and went about putting her variety of gowns away.

Nodding Jack turned and left, pattering down the hallway and down the stairs again. Opening the front door he glanced back at the stairs, listening. It remained quiet, the only sound was the buildings normal tune of hums and purrs. Abi's friend must have gone after his appearance. Smirking he turned and left, getting the door behind him.

Back up the staircase the little girl stored away her dresses, careful to put them on the hangers they belonged.

It had been a long time since Pixel had visited her last, yet Abi didn't mind. She loved her friend dearly, no matter how much time may pass. Pixel's always found her again, no matter where she went. Abi hummed as she stored away her dresses, running her hand over each dress to feel the material before putting them in the closet. She had to use a step stool to reach the bar.