six

After a few days of reassuring Hoseok and making a bunch of heartfelt promises, Jun managed to get Hoseok to go to his birthday party. Jun's younger brother was dropped off at Hoseok's house by his mother while Hoseok tucked his kids into bed. 

"I love you both very much, sleep well tonight, okay?" Hoseok pulled the blankets up to the boys' shoulders, to keep them as warm as possible. "Daddy is going out later, but Jun's brother is going to watch over the house. You guys need to call him Hyung because he's older, okay?"

"Are you going to see Yoongi?" Kenji wondered. Jiro's eyes were droopy and he was close to falling asleep, but he turned his head and looked at his father when Kenji asked the exact question on his mind. 

"Yes," Hoseok admitted, "he's going to the same party as me." 

"Are you going to kiss?" 

"No, we're not going to kiss. Why did you think I was going to kiss him?" 

"Because you like him too, right?" 

Hoseok smiled, and rubbed Kenji's forehead. "We just met him last week, Kenji, you can't like someone so easily that you want to kiss them." 

"You kissed me right after I was born, though, you told me you loved me as soon as I came out, Daddy." 

"You're my child," Hoseok reminded him, "you're a part of me. Of course I'm going to love you." 

"Can't Yoongi be a part of you, too?" Jiro asked, his eyes closed.

Hoseok didn't answer. He simply bent down and kissed Jiro's cheeks before leaning closer to Kenji's bed and kissing his cheeks as well. 

"Daddy," Kenji whined, reaching out his arms. 

"Yes, honey?" 

Kenji pouted his lips and Hoseok leaned down, kissing his son on the lips like he wanted. Kenji was quite a clingy child and often complained if he was rejected a kiss from his father. 

"Goodnight, baby," Hoseok whispered, but Kenji wrapped his arms around his father's neck and held him close. Hoseok's body awkwardly leaned over Kenji's bed, while his head rested on Kenji's small chest. 

"Why are you still holding me, Kenji?" He asked. 

Kenji simply kissed Hoseok's lips again and said, "I love you." 

Hoseok, for the fourth time, kissed Kenji before Kenji finally let him go and Kenji turned onto his side with the blanket over his body. Hoseok turned on the Naruto nightlight (which he still can't believe he allowed Jun to give his children) and walked out, closing the bedroom door behind him.

Jun's brother, Tao, sat in the living room alone, the television already on. Hoseok glanced at the screen and saw Tao was watching some animal show intently, so he assumed that Tao wouldn't be a big problem.

"My kids are sleeping," Hoseok said, making Tao's head turn towards him. "If one of them wakes up, you give them a cup of warm milk mixed with a spoonful of sugar. Put the milk in a sippy cup or they'll spill it on their bed if they fall asleep holding the cup. If one of them complains he's hungry, you give them some yogurt. Jiro only likes mango, and Kenji prefers strawberry, but eats whatever yogurt you give him. Don't open the apartment to anyone, I have the key and I'll open the door when I return. I wrote my number down and put it on the counter. Okay?"

Tao nodded, pushing his glasses closer to his face.

"And do not open anything filled with peanuts. Do not open trail mix, a chocolate peanut butter bar, nothing. If you touch something in this house with the same hands you touched peanuts, and Kenji touches it, his skin will swell and I'll have to give him medicine that he strongly dislikes to soothe the burning sensation." Hoseok warned.