thirteen

A week from Jiro's incident at school, Kenji and Yoongi were in a car going to see an eye doctor. Kenji was squinting hard now to see things from far away, and Hoseok was getting tired of watching his kid suffer to see. Yoongi offered to take Kenji out, and of course, Hoseok rejected the idea, but eventually, Yoongi got his way. Hoseok however, spent the next hour and a half praying to whatever God was out there that Yoongi wouldn't kidnap his child and that he would see his son again in one piece. 

Kenji was excited to go out with Yoongi. It would be the first time he went out without his father anywhere, and definitely the first time he went anywhere without his twin. It felt like he was missing an important part of his existence when there wasn't a car seat next to him, but at the same time, Yoongi made Kenji comfortable enough to go out. 

"Hoseok, please calm down," Yoongi said to Hoseok for the hundredth time, holding onto his shoulder and smiling at him, while his other hand was occupied with Kenji's. "I'm going to bring Kenji back right after the eye doctor."

"I'm sorry, this is my first time letting my child be transported somewhere without me being the one with them," Hoseok apologized. He bent down and kissed Kenji's cheeks before kissing the boy's lips. 

"Be safe, baby, okay? Listen to the doctor, do what he says," Hoseok instructed, hugging his son.

"Okay, Daddy," Kenji replied, kissing his dad again. 

Yoongi and Kenji walked out of the apartment and to Yoongi's car, which was parked right next to Hoseok's. Yoongi placed Kenji's car seat in the backseat properly before putting the young child into his seat and strapping him in.

"You ready to go?" Yoongi asked, glancing at Kenji in the back seat. 

"Wait, Yoongi!"

"Yes?"

"Please promise me you'll bring me home safely," Kenji asked, "Daddy needs me." 

Yoongi gave him a small smile, the corners of his ears turning a slight red color.

"Don't worry, Kenji, I'll bring you home safe and sound."

Kenji was shaking. 

The second he walked into the building, Kenji grabbed onto Yoongi's hand and refused to let go. Even when Yoongi needed his left hand to sign him in, Kenji simply went to Yoongi's other side and held that hand. To him, this was where the devil played, and he wasn't going to take any chances. 

"Come, we need to sit down and wait for them to call us," Yoongi told Kenji. 

Yoongi led the two of them to the chairs near the entrance, and Kenji climbed onto Yoongi's lap without asking. Yoongi, however, did not mind and simply let the boy sit there. 

"Are you that scared?" Yoongi asked. "The doctor isn't going to hurt you, Kenji." 

Kenji laid his head against Yoongi's chest, not wanting to talk about the doctor he was about to see. He just wanted to enjoy being with Yoongi, even if it meant he had to go and see some doctor. 

"I want your glasses, Yoongi," Kenji said lowly, not looking at Yoongi. "I want us to match." 

Yoongi wore rounded, black half-rimmed glasses when he wasn't wearing his contacts. They were more popular nowadays and all, but he was pretty sure that the company didn't have these glasses for children. However, Yoongi simply agreed that yes, he and Kenji could match. 

"Kenji Jung!" The nurse called from the office. Yoongi could feel Kenji tense against his chest, so he picked up the child in his arms before walking up to where the nurse was.