Chapter 13

A/N: sorry again for lateness. If anyone stil cares about this story leave a comment and I'll keep updating it. Who am I kidding I'll update it whether y'all care or nah lol

------------------------------------------------

Everything hurt, especially his head. It pounded, as if it had a drum inside. Joe scrunched up his face, aware that it only made the whole situation more desperate, but also in too much pain to care.

"Joe, Joe are you okay?" He heard, and he could recognize that voice anywhere. It was soft and caring, it was a voice that lured him to sleep and made him laugh the hardest. It was also the voice of someone who could hurt others in the blink of an eye.

Joe opened his eyes, and blue met blue. He stared into his sisters eyes for a second, before asking: "what happened?" Everything was a blur, all he could remember was panic, and how blood tasted, and Tyler's name.

Zoe shook her head, sighing in relief at the sight of her little brother being good enough to respond, unlike the past few minutes, when he had laid unconscious and with the smallest of scratches plastered on the side of his head, so close to his hairline you could barely see it.

It had all happened so fast, as well, and Zoe hadn't realized her brother laid unconscious on the floor until it was too late, and whoever had threw that stapler had run away. Sure, she did a recount of the inmates around the building, but she couldn't dare put the blame on one of them.

She either loved them too much, or she knew they weren't stupid enough to hurt a Sugg. She had thought maybe it had been someone who cared deeply for Troye (she was told they had a little brawl before Joe was hit in the head), but Troye reassured her that he wasn't close to anyone stupid enough to hurt Joe.

Of course, she had initially felt the need to blame it all on her new addition to the YouTube company: Caspar Richard George Lee. You should never trust someone with three names, that was common knowledge. How had she let this happen? In retrospective, all the benefits he had given to the company since joining didn't seem so big, considering her brother was  going to get either his heart or head broken.

That boy, he seemed to lure Joe, like a moth to a flame, or a man to gold. "Someone threw a stapler at you, basically." Joe blinked.

He coughed, and slowly got up. "Someone threw a stapler at me? Why?" He asked, and Zoe sighed "That is a question I should ask you, Joe. Who have you pissed off recently?" Joe stared at his sister, he knew the obvious answer was Troye, but he also knew Troye wasn't responsible for this.

He wanted to say Tyler, because after all, it had been his stapler the one that laid on the floor besides him. So, he did just that.

Zoe shook her head, "No, he likes you too much to do something like that," she retorted. As Joe dusted himself off, Zoe started to wonder in depth who could've done this.

This wasn't just an act of violence against her family, it was a problem for the company, it was workers attacking each other. Too much was happening, and Zoe felt like she had no control over anything, she felt as if there were too many tasks to get done and not enough time, and she soon realized, this was a bigger problem than initially expected.

She sighed, rubbing her eyes and trying to concentrate hard, concentrate on how many clocks were on the wall and how she could smell coffee in the break room. When Joe asked what she was going to do, she just about crumbled down.

"I don't know" she said. And she was honest, she said the only thing she could say, to the only person she could say it.

Joe looked at her, his eyes big and curious, his expression softened. There was a glimmer of pity in his eyes that she despised, but then again, she deserved that pity.