Chapter Two

Alex's POV

I hurry to catch up with the skipping bundle of cheerfulness, otherwise known as Peggy Schuyler. She had explained things to me, like the basic routes to different classes, people to befriend, and people to stay clear of. She told me about her sisters, what they like to do, who they like, who they recommend to hang out with. After a brief tour, we sit at a bench.

"So, Angelica is really popular among students, and if-" She said, but I cut her off.

"Peggy, this is really interesting, don't get me wrong, but I would like to know a bit more about you." I smile at her. She looks at me, a bit confused.

"Me? I don't get it." She raised her eyebrows. "You want me to talk about myself?"

My heart broke a little. "Sure. Tell me about yourself. I've heard a lot about your sisters, but not much at all about you."

She chuckled nervously. "Peggy Schuyler, average college student. I get good grades, I guess." After a little while, she's having a nice conversation with me about her hobbies, talking easily, when someone else cuts in.

"Peggy, who's this?" A tall, dark skinned girl shows up, another girl in a blue dress with long brown hair behind her. "Your boyfriend?"

Peggy's face was red, and mine probably was too. "Um, no, I'm not-" I start, but Peggy cuts me off.

"A-Angelica, this is Alexander. New t-transfer student." She stuttered. I looked at her in surprise. Where did that stutter come from?

"I'm offended, Peggy! You didn't introduce him to me?" Angelica jokes, but Peggy seems to take it to heart.

"Sorry, Angie..." She mumbles, looking downcast. I open my mouth to speak, then catch sight of the girl hiding behind Angelica, her face beet red.

"Hey, are you alright?"

-

Eliza's POV

"Hey, are you alright?" The new student asked, the question aimed at me. Oh, my, it was hot outside... Probably just me, huh?

"Excuse me and my sister, Elizabeth." Angelica ushered me inside and into a school bathroom.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked, concerned. "You're flushed... Do you have a fever? Are you sick?"

"No, no! Just... You know that boy, Alexander?" I giggle softly. She nods, her face hardening. "Well..."

"What?" Angelica turns away from me, her tone changing slightly.

"This one's mine," I whisper. She stiffened, then ran out of the bathroom. I was confused by her behavior. What's going on?

-

Thanks for bearing with me as I rewrite these chapters! Chapter three is next, and chapter four's coming up!