March 6th, 2016

9:57 P.M.

Dear Jesus,

I had an amazing day today, I've been out practically all day. I went to church, and after that I went to the mall with Madyson and her mom, and I got this really pretty dress to wear on my birthday, which is only nine days away. We got frozen yogurt after that and I couldn't help but think about my last day in Kansas, but I'm trying to just forget about what happened and move on. The past is in the past and there is nothing that I can do to change it. We went to group after that and there was so much food! We had brownies, chips and salsa/guacamole, donuts, cookies, crackers, and soda. (And I just learned that most people from Nebraska call soda "pop", it's so weird) The night was really good too, I feel like everyone in my group is becoming a lot closer. I've made some friends there that I haven't really written to you about. One of them is Erin, she's really calm and collected, unlike me who will laugh in complete silence for no reason. She's from Thailand, but she was adopted when she was two which I think is super cool. Another one of my FRIENDS (I write that in emphasis because everyone always thinks that I like him, including Madyson and my family, but I don't like him as more than a friend) is Aaron, he's super funny and weird, but that's what I like in a FRIEND. My last friend that I'll tell You about is Mackenzie, she's kind-hearted and intelligent. She's the same age as me, but she's a junior instead of a freshman. I don't know why I felt the need to tell You about them, but I did. Anyway, I'll talk to later Jesus, I love you, Goodnight.

~ Chloe Elizabeth Almond