January 5th, 2016

10:51 P.M.

Hey Jesus,

Today was the first day of youth group this year, and they introduced a new student leadership team that anyone can join. They have a "testing out" period for about a month to see if you like it, and I decided to join. I'm not really interested in being a leader, but they said that it is for students who want to get closer to You, and don't just want to be attenders at youth group, but want to be involved. I also thought that it would help me make some friends. They have class every Sunday morning before church, so I'm kind of excited for that. I haven't talked to Emily or Chad at all since the 1st, I don't know, I just didn't. School has started too, so they are busier, I am too. I think this leadership thing, they call it Verve by the way, which means full of life, but I think that Verve will help me to make new friends, friends who want the same thing that I do, to get closer to You, I'll try to step out of my comfort zone and be myself, I will try, help me to do that, and to remember that you are always by my side. I'm just glad that they just started it, so it's not like I'm joining in the middle. I guess that I can reach out to Emily more, but friendship goes two ways, I shouldn't always have to initiate, I didn't back in May when we first met. Why does the whole friendship thing have to be so hard sometimes? Give me courage and words to speak to all the other kids on Sunday, anyway, I think that's all that I have to talk to You about, I love you, goodnight!

~Chloe E. Almond