Chapter Five

Robyn sat down on the bed as Dumbledore walked into the room after her but he did not sit down or show her a kind smile to reassure her everything was okay. No, he stood tall and mighty and looked rather serious. Robyn watched him as he looked at her and she noticed that worry had overcome the usual twinkle in his eyes.

"A-Am I in trouble, Professor?" The girl asked, not able to stop the feeling of fear, anxiousness and curiosity take over her body.

"Trouble, yes. But in a different sense than what you are thinking, Miss. Thompson." Albus said as he put his hands together. Robyn thought it was extraordinary that the Dumbledore standing in front of her was not the usual one she knew. This one seemed anxious, angry, serious; scared.

The brunette couldn't help but think her Headmasters words over in her head. She had no clue what they meant. But she did know that they sent a weird prickling down her spine that made her shiver. Something wasn't right here.

"What do you mean, sir?"

"Miss. Thompson, I -"

"Please, call me Robyn." Robyn interrupted, hating the formality of him calling her by her last name. It made her feel important and she didn't like it.

The twinkle returned to Dumbledores blue eyes before it dissappeared again, like a light dimming out. "-Robyn, I believe that last year, you did something rather - shall we say - reckless and not at all your normal behaviour."

Robyn felt the blood in her body run cold. She had wondered when she came out of the maze why she didn't get a punishment, I guess now she knew why.

"Yes, Professor, but-"

Dumbledore put his hand up and Robyn shut her mouth instantly. He looked down his nose at her and she felt like a kid getting told off for eating someone else's ice-cream.

"I do not believe you did it intentionally, Miss. T -- Robyn."

Robyn furrowed her eyebrows together and it was then when Dumbledore sighed and finally took a seat next to her on the bed.

Robyn then realised how tired he actually looked and for once she remembered his age and how he must be feeling.

"I came here today to tell you that I believe you were put under the Imperius Curse - by who I do not know but I wanted to ask you some questions, if you do not mind."

The kind tone had returned to Dumbledore's voice as he saw the girls face. Robyn was speechless. All she could think was - who? How? Why?

Robyn nodded mutely.

"Who did you see that day Robyn? - it's crucial that you try to remember every detail." Dumbledore spoke, staring intently at Robyn.

Robyn was silent for a moment as she tried to remember that horrible day.

"H-Hermione and Ron, I sat next to them when the third task was about to begin." Dumbledore nodded and signalled her to continue.

"Urm....I can't re -- Oh! Yes, Noah. I saw him when I was on my way to the Great Hall for breakfast that day to wish Harry good luck." Robyn's voice shook slightly but she felt quite impressed with herself for staying so held together. It's not everyday you're told you were put under an Unforgivable Curse.

Although Robyn hated it, she knew it made sense. Whenever Robyn thought about it, she just passed it over as her doing it for the sake of Harry to know he was safe but a voice in her head always told her it was something more.

Understanding it all now, even she knew she would never normally be that reckless and stupid to run into a maze that screamed danger. No matter how outspoken the girl had become, she was not an idiot and she would never have ever dreamed to do what she did that day, so although it froze the very blood in her veins and made her heart stop, she was glad that it was someone else's doing and not her own.