Chapter 6

The next few days passed joyfully. Getting to know my father was such a good feeling. We have both decided that we are both not ready to alert the kingdom of my return. I still do not know what to feel about Morrigan. She has been my mother for over ten years, she has raised me, cared for me, helped me grow strong and powerful. I honestly don't know what, who I would be if she had never taken me. I would probably be dead, hypothermia would have taken me the day I lost my memories. Though if the kingdom would of found me I could of ruled along side my father, as the princess of Burmoore. I would have been raised to serve and rule, to tend to the needs of my people, to stand back in a fight and let the men fight for me. Which means I would be weak and helpless, dead within moments in the world in which I live now. That can never happen.

I swallowed the Burm nut hard, the bowl nearly empty. I looked over the stone wall of the vast kingdom. Green grass stretched out for miles, thick trees growing on the eastern side. It was similar to Vereska in the ways of land. Green grass, thick tress, cloudy but warm weather. But the people in Burmoore looked happier than the citizens of Vereska. It may be because the Vereskians' are slaves and live in filthy conditions, where as Burmooreians' live in well-structured homes, clean paths and don't seem to be doing much labour. I find it peculiar and strange.

I took a deep breathe of the fresh and cool air in. Winter was sweeping its way in, along with illness. The previous winter in Druvek caused many deaths from the cold. The crows of Morrigan were also hit hard, which included soldiers. They contracted illness was much more catastrophic in death rates. Many of the Morrigans best fell. It started as scratching, then came the choking, and finally before death, shedding of feathers and hair. This winter should not be as cold as the last, we shall miss this illness.

My hands touched the flat surface of the bowl, no more nuts. The nuts made me feel agile and swift. I could definitely say I had a great liking to them. The urge to get more took me to the castle kitchens. I descended the steep stairs and caught sight upon a large stone room, high small windows and rows and rows of wooden benches pilled high with food. Only five cooks walked among the place. One of them, a woman, waddled up to me in her filthy black dress.

"May I help you dear?" she asked politely.

"Yes, I was wondering where I could get some of those Burm nuts? I do take quite a liking to them."

The lady dressed me that the kitchen was out of Burm nuts, but that the eastern forest of the kingdom held fresh and ripe nuts, ready for picking. I gave her a slim smile as I exited the kitchen. For a moment, as I walked across to the trees I recollected myself. What are you doing? Going out into the forest to get some nuts just because they taste good? My eyes shut closed for a while as my subconscious spoke annoying words. You should be taking some worthless peasants soul as a gift to Morrigan. I pushed the voice back, struggling to keep focus. I wanted to seem normal in this Kingdom, as it really is my birthplace, the place of my roots.

The trees let in warm rays of sunshine, the grass soft and untouched under my feet. It was very peaceful here. The night when I followed my visions I did not get to witness the sights of the forest of Burmoore, I was more focused on finding that river.

I let in the sights now as I searched for the Burm nuts. The sound of bird's squawking in the canopy, the familiar sound of a crows call hitting my ears. Crows.

My head spun toward the trees, searching frantically for the scare bird of Morrigan. I spotted it, several trees away from me. I had to run, I had to leave, they had found me. I turned from the soldier of Morrigan and sprinted away. I couldn't hide behind the walls of Burmoore, that's a sign of cowardice, and the Morrigan can force the walls down with a single blink. My only option was to flee.