•13•

[Shawn]

"What do you mean you didn't know," I yelled. I paced by and forth not believing a word my mom was saying. "And your not mad about this," I yell again. "I am! I couldn't even look at your father in the eyes," she said. "Shawn, I am just as upset as you are!" my mom said.

I look at her. I soften. "I was filled with so much anger that your father did that," she said holding my shoulders. "After your father had it with her, he meet me and I gave birth to you then your sister. Not once did I notice anything wrong," she said.

"You know I don't really go well with him," I said. She weakly smiled at me.

"I can't do anything about it. Garrett's your brother and you have to deal with it," my mom said. I sighed knowing she was right. I heard the knob at my door twist. The door opened and Bel walked in.

"Hey Shawn! Hey Karen," Bel said as she pecked my lips and gave my mom a hug. "I should get going, Manuel needs me back home. Call me soon, Shawn," my mom said. She looked at me in the eye before walking out the door.

"What was that about? I could sense the tension as soon as I walked in," Bel said as she set the groceries down. I smiled at her. "Is everything all right," she asked coming towards me. "Yeah everything's fine," I said. She smiled. "Well I brought some groceries and I will start making dinner soon," she said. "Let me help," I said, as I gave her a kiss. Bel still hasn't said a word about Jake, nor have I.

••••••••••••••••••