•9-

[Isabella]

"Hey babe I'm going to go hang out with the boys," Shawn said. "Alright have fun. But be back by 8 because it-" I said as he walks out the door. "I love you," I say, sighing right as he shuts the door. I walk into the kitchen getting a glass of water. I drink it leaving the glass on the table.

Shawn has been hanging out with his friends more, lately. I mean, i have no problem with that. I just been doing most of the work around here, which sucks.

I walk into the living room, sitting down on the soft couch. I turn on the tv and flip the channels. It's like everyday I can't find anything good to watch. I then decided on a documentary. I turn the volume down, trying to listen the noise from outside. I look out the window and it's raining.

I grab my phone, unlocking it. I go to Shawn's contact and text him to be careful on the way home. I put my phone down and start to pay attention to the show. I slowly start to fall asleep
                   •••

I wake up to someone knocking on the front door. I get up walking towards the door. It was still raining and dark. I look through the peep hole and there's no one there. I quickly walk back to get my phone and the knocking starts again. I look at the time and it's 10:36pm. Who the hell would be knocking at me door at this time?

I got texts from Shawn saying he is staying at Ian's house. Wow. Great now I'm alone and scared. There's another knock. I decide to open the door. There it is. Standing there in the cold darkness.

"Isabella?" the person says. "Yes? Who are you?" I ask regretting to even open the door. "I know it's late but it's me. Jake," he says. I stand there , frozen. I stumble on my words. I have a choice to slam the door or let him in. "I'm sorry. Come in it's cold," I said moving aside. He walks in taking off this hood. I close the door and turn on the lights. "Do you want anything to drink," I ask him. "Water's fine," he said as he sits on the kitchen stool. I give a cup of water.

"Why are you here, Jake?" I asked. He looks are me. "You've gotten very beautiful," he says, avoiding my question. "Answer me," I simply say.

"I came here to set our relationship straight," he says.

"I'm confused? What relationship?"

"The one you thought I broke into pieces."

"You did."

"I did not. I want to explain what happened that day."

"What did you wait this long?"

He ignored my question, "When you saw me and the girl, it wasn't what it looked like. When I was getting stuff out my locker, she came up to me, asking if I would like to hang out with her. I said no because I had a girlfriend. I saw that she was being watch by her stupid friends. She sees you and starts to kiss me. I didn't kiss back. I-I know that's hard to believe but I didn't."

"And what exactly did you think what was going to happen? That I wasn't heartbroken and was going to forgive you?"

"I will accept if you don't."

"And I won't," I said simply, crossing my arms.

"Bella please. You're mom gave me yo-"

"Wait. My mom? Where is she?"

"I met her at a meeting about an education thing"

"What was she doing there?"

"I don't know. All she told me was she was trying to set her life straight. For all the mistakes, and she handed me a piece of paper with your address."

"I don't even talk to her," I said looking at him for once.

He has gotten more taller and stronger by the looks. And mature. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't never came- it was a bad time," he said, grabbing his keys. "Wait-Jake," I say grabbing his arm. "Tell my mother I- never mind" I said, releasing my hand. Jake looks at me, waiting to see what else I would say. I walk him to the door and he stops.

"I'll say hello for you. I'm sorry again," he says, then he hugs me. I hesitantly hug back. He looks at me one more time then walks out. I close the door and put my back towards the wall. 'Where the hell is Shawn?'