•19•

[Isabella]

*2 Months Later*

"Shawn, stop seriously," I said, looking at the chocolate eyed guy in front of me. He smiled, "Ugh why do you have to be such an amazing couple," Jasmine asked, rolling her eyes. Luke looked at Jasmine and kissed her. I just laughed at Luke. "Want more pizza, Bel?" Jasmine asked, getting up. "I think I'm done for the day," I said getting up with her. We walked towards the counter to pay for the pizzas. We all left the pizza place and went inside Luke's car. "All aboard the amazing, attractive, sweet, Luke's car," Luke said starting up his engine. I helped Shawn get in the car. Luke pulled out the pizza place and drove to Shawn's house.

"Shawn, are you sure you don't want me to stay?" I asked, getting worried. "Well, can you sleep with me?" Shawn asked. I nod, helping him walk up the stairs. Shawn's mom appeared, "You're back!" She helps me put Shawn to bed. "You took your pill, Shawn?" his mom asks him. He nods, scooting over for me to lay down. She smiled weakly at him. She give him a kiss on his forehead. I lift the covers and lay next to him. "I love you so much," I say to Shawn. He smiled, "I love you, Isabella." He slowly falls asleep. His chest rises and falls. I keep thinking about what happened to Shawn for him to get this sick.

*2 months earlier*

"Alright let's go here, next," I say pointing to Walmart. Shawn smiled and we walked together. Suddenly, I felt him squeeze my hand tightly. Shawn falls to the ground, fainting. I gasp and fall with him. I get on my knees, pulling out my phone. I dial 9-1-1.

"Shawn has a brain tumor. It can effect him horribly," the doctor said. Tears left my face, as I trying not to burst out crying. I cover my mouth with my hand and walk to Aaliyah and Shawn's parents. I hug them tightly. Why does everything turn bad?
•••

*Mouth Earlier*

"His disease has gotten worst," the doctor said. Shawn laid down on the hospital bed. He looked so weak. "Why? Can't you help him? What do you need to do?" I said getting frustrated. "There's no use," the doctor says. "His body can't function properly," the doctor says. "I'll let you choose between unplugging the machine or letting him be," the doctor says, walking out the room. I turn to Shawn's parents and they burst out crying.

*1 week later* (Isabella)

I got home, exhausted. I quickly shower. I then changed into jeans and a pink shirt. I walk downstairs and inform my dad I'm leaving to go see Shawn.

I walk out and turn on the car. I drive to the hospital.

I sigh and walk into the hospital. I greet the lady at the desk. I come here everyday for the past two months so she knows who and what I'm here for. I walk up the stairs to the elevator. I press the button '6'. The elevator opens and I walk out. I take my time going into Shawn's room. I knock on the door. I wait quietly. I then decide to open the door. I walk in and it's empty. I walk out and jog to the desk that's on the floor. "Where's he at?" I asked Holly. "I am so sorry darling for your loss," she says. My heart sinks. "What do you mean?" I asked, my breathe hitching. "Shawn died this afternoon at 1. He's in with his doctors." I burst out crying. I fall to the floor.

I feel so much pain. I didn't even get to say goodbye. I cry more and more. How could this happen? Why would they unplug him from the machine. He could've lived. Why?

"Isabella?"

I look up and see Aaliyah. I get up and run to her. I cry into her shoulder. We stay like this. "What happen? Where's Shawn?" Aaliyah asks. "He's gone," I say as Aaliyah burst out yelping.

"Shushhhh. He's in a better place now, darling. He doesn't have to feel pain anymore," I say as Aaliyah weeps. "I didn't even get to say goodbye!"

"Me either."

"I loved Shawn so much."