Injured

AN: Hope it ain't too fast. So recap. Queen Emalia became queen after killing her sister and marrying, then killing the King. Ella is Ravenna and Amberley's servant who instantly dislikes Christian, Amberley's fiancee. Ravenna is the princess that was sacrificed to the Beast. The beast turned out to be nice and his names Adrian. Ruby leads the Red Moon Tribe against the Silver Backs and suspects the Silvers to be behind the killings. Arielle was going to be the mermaid ambassador but had to run with Ella when she saw mermaids were being descaled. Ella and Arielle got separated and Ella met some dwarves. Arielle is living with Eric now. Ella has met Ravenna and Adrian and Christian are brothers. Ruby, Ella, Ravenna, Christian, Adrian and Logan have banded together to go up against the Silver Backs :) What do you think so far? Best scene? It's been about a week so far. 

Ravenna

So all the wolves had moved in today which was nice. What was better? I could finally get to know Ella and Ruby without my family judging me for "consorting with persons beneath y(our) station". I'd always hated the way they treated everyone, as if they only mattered if they were rich and wealthy but otherwise were useless. Then I heard the knock at the door. Must be another person moving in. Although... Ruby had said that they'd gotten everybody settled. Maybe it was another delivery from the camp like clothing they left behind? So I went to answer the door, smile ready. 

"Hi... Jared?"

"Hey Ravenna"

"What are you doing here?"

I looked around worriedly. I wanted to make sure Adrian was hidden away. I remembered Jared always talking about wanting to bring the Beast's head home, it would be his greatest kill. But now that I'd gotten to know Adrian a little, I couldn't see someone who I shared so much in commom with, someoen who understood me more than anyone I'd met get killed by a brute like Jared. For that was the only way she could describe Jared, a muscular blonde brute with green eyes. She remembered how pleased her family had been about the marriage and her equal disgust at it. 

"I came for you. I need to save you. Where is he?"

"He?"

"The Beast of course"

"He's in the forest and he's actually quite..."

She trailed off as he walked into the forest. That's when Ella came down the stairs. 

"Ravenna, Adrian just went to the forest, said he had to collect some herbs for the chef"

"What?!" I gasped

"Yeah, he just..."

I didn't hear the rest of the sentence as I flew out of the house, right after Jared. 

"Jared!" 

"Yes, love?"

"What happened to our engagement?"

"Oh that"

"Yes, that"

To be honest, she didn't really care, she was just hoping it'd distract him. 

"Well, it never got broken off so..." he grinned at her as she noticed that it was kind of... feral looking. He backed her against the tree and gently pressed a finger to her temple. She tried to hide her fear and disgust as a man walked out of the shadows. His voice was low and husky as he lightly said:

"Jared... you know we never hurt such beautiful roses"

Jared pulled back as I noticed his nails had transformed into claws. My eyes widened as I put the two things together. Jared could... and this man. This handsome man who was staring at her hungrily, if they could transform... who's to say they weren't the ones that had been tearing girls apart?