Connected

Chapter 7 - Connected. Enjoy!

Jerking violently, Aria struggled to catch her breath. The dream had shook her in ways she had never felt before. Even after the passing of her father. Because of this, it took her a moment to realise she was submerged in a red glow.

The Emergency Alarm.

Kicking into training, she delved underneath her bed and yanked the survival backpack out of the darkness. Zipping up her jacket and throwing the pack across her shoulders, Aria took off to Tony's Lab.

Chaos ensued around her, people charging past and screaming orders through headsets and to people they passed, some urging for their safety, others desperate for their own survival, and the rare few in a daze of uncertainty. That was her group.

The Lab was empty, no Avengers, guards, not even JARVIS.

Fumbling over the drawers and desks, it took a moment for her to locate an ear piece that would hopefully connect to the others.

"...runs on some form of electricity" Steve's voice flew through the ear piece, causing Aria to sigh in relief.

"Well, you're not wrong there" Tony replied, his known sarcasm tainting his words.

"Tony?" Aria spoke up, strapping the push-to-talk on her wrist for easier access.

"Thank God Aria" Stark breathed, having obviously been worrying about his 'daughters' safety. "Are you safe?"

"I'm in the Lab" she replied, ducking behind the bench when another explosion tilting the Helicarrier to the left.

"Could do with you in the control room, Agent" Fury cut in, the demand clear.

"Oh no" Tony instantly piped up, "You aren't putting her in that."

"Give me 120" she responded, ignoring her guardians grumbles of annoyance.

Pulling her pistol out her backpack side, Aria made her way out of the Lab by shuffling along the wall. Every jolt threatened to send her flying to the floor, but she said 2 minutes, she couldn't just be another background character.

Aria took the next right, sliding down the slope to the lower floor.

Bodies and debris littered the corridor. How many people were dying for His useless game? A power play against the whole world that will end in its destruction?

Managing to avoid another burst by only meters, she dove into the wall, possibly bruising herself but that didn't matter now. Taking a running leap over the fallen wall, Aria continued plowing down the corridor.

Voices startled her into ducking behind a fallen beam, breathing heavy and laboured. She wasn't the fittest member of the team by a long shot.

"Take the left, our orders are clear. I'll take this corridor" the voice hissed. Aria instantly knew they weren't on her side of this fight.

"Will do. Report back when His Majesty is located" a second, deeper voice, replied back.

'His Majesty'. With an ego like that, it's surprising he let himself sit in a prison for so long, if it was apart of the plan or not.

Feet disappearing behind her indicated the second man had left, but the ones directly next to her meant the first one hadn't. Aria waited for their feet to appear before slamming her elbow into his face.

"What the fu-" another blow to his stomach left his doubled over, where she jerked his knee into his face. Praising herself for taking down a clearly skilled guard, she went to take off back towards the control room.