Begin

Also, I posted an introductory chapter to a possible other story, it's on Wattpad  and Fanfiction.net also, under the same name. So if these kinds of stories interest you, please check it out, thanks.

Chapter 6 - Begin. Enjoy!

Sounds were just droned out ringing and buzzing in her ears, Aria stared helplessly at the ceiling of the corridor outside of Loki's cell, trying desperately to keep her breathing in control. Tony was trying to communicate with her, but her mind was too confused to let her accept his words.

Feeling drunk, Aria stumbled a little down the hall, before finally she started to calm down, taking deep and controlled breaths.

"Aria, please talk to me," seeped the concerned voice of Tony next to her, his face the physical form of worry, arm leaning against the wall and he watched her try and come to terms with what had happened, whatever had happened.

"I...I'm fine" she mumbled, taking a deep breath, pushing her confusion aside, and turning back to her guardian with a light smile.

Tony could instantly see through the fake smile, wanting nothing more than to wrap her in his arms and comfort her, but knowing she was putting up her brave front for a reason, so decided to play along.

"I'm glad, cupcake" he joked, ruffling her hair lightly, before slinging his arm around her shoulder to lead her back to the control room.

Aria was debating about how much of the conversation to convey. She knew Tony would worry immensely if he thought she was in great danger, and they would go home instantly, leaving 'The Avengers' one down. Nibbling her bottom lip, Aria was walked into a group of surprising silence.

"He can get out of the cell"

Thor turned to Fury with a singular raised eyebrow, the 'I told you so' radiating off it.

Fury muttered something to one of the men next to him, before turning back to the group.

"His plan?" Steve asked, impatient to know the depth of his enemy.

"Same as any bad guy" Aria shrugged, hugging her arms, a tell tale of when she was distressed. "To take over the world."

Aria had decided not to worry Tony for no reason, so she repeated parts of the conversation to them, explaining how he wanted to take over, could cut of feeds, but changed anything regarding her. If they knew, the Avengers wouldn't be the same without Iron Man.

"I'd like to go to the room," she mumbled to Tony while the others made plans.

"Can you go after a medical test? I just want to make sure Loki hasn't put some weird, Asgardian disease on you" he said, waving his hands to add to his eccentricities.

Nodding, Aria followed Tony up to Banner's work space, where he was already setting up.

"Hey Aria" Bruce greeted with a small smile, indicating to the movable chair in the centre of the space.

"Hey Banner" she returned, watching some of the tools warily.

"No need to be alarmed" the Doctor tried comforting "Just a check up"

Following his instructions, he led her through the basic procedure, checking her breathing, hearing, eye sight, heart, etc etc.

Aria could see Tony through the large glass window fiddling with wires and screens, probably talking to Jarvis as usual. The room itself was littered in monitors and machines, making Tony look so much smaller, surrounded by everything. But what drew the most attention was Loki Sceptre.