Prisoner

Chapter 12 - Prisoner. Enjoy!

Aria's mouth felt dry. Not just I-need-a-sip dry, as in a-mirage-was-set-to-appear-soon dry.

Aria's teeth were soaked. The thick, scarlet liquid poured through her cracked and scabbed lips and covered her palms.

Her palms were slashed. Welting burns decorated the pale skin and kissed her knuckles.

Her feet were shreds. Dirt and grim infected the sole and the scars that tattooed her skin.

Jerking awake, Aria breathed in every ounce of oxygen from the room, blinking away the confusion from her eyes.

Running her hands over the luxurious emerald slip that covered the surface of the bed, her fingers disappeared into the comfort.

Glancing up, the four poster bed was a deep mahogany, surrounded by elegant drapes off the same shade as the bed. A magnificent fireplace sat on the far wall, framed either side by two doors and a sofa sat opposite. On the back of the sofa was a worktop, with two volumes and a candelabra atop. This room could have fallen out of Bronte or Austin novel for the dedication to one colour and determination to look as Victorian as possible.

Three windows lined the left wall, with matching curtains to the bed. All were closed. Opposite that on the left wall, was a large door. A door that noticeably had no door handles. Lights were attached onto the wall either side, as if illuminating the entrance to the dragons lair. Shouldn't they be on the other side?

Aria rolled off the bed, and padded across the rug that hadn't been evident from the bed. Three guesses for the colour, she thought sarcastically.

Going first to the curtains, Aria growled when they refused to budge, not even acknowledge her incessant tugging.

Deciding not to dawdle any longer, she dashed to the large doors and shoved them open, surprised they followed her wish.

A hexagonal room greeted her now, with a table in the centre. Looking like a scene out Harry Potter, each edge had a separate room branching off it. Most had doors blocking them, one had a couple steps leading up to it, another a number going down.

Two of the six where open, one leading to a dining room that was directly opposite the stairs going down and on the right of Aria. This room had a small table, with a chair either end and cliche flowers in the middle. Behind the table were large balcony doors, but they also had curtains covering them. The other open space was opposite the bedroom Aria was hovering in the entrance off. This led to a large library space, but she could just about make out a sliding door to block it off if necessary.

The room next to Aria on the left she discovered with was a massive white and pastel blue bathroom, with a bath covering half the room space and clearly was fit for a 'King'. The final room doors wouldn't open, the ones with stairs going up or down were both locked, meaning one of them was the exit. She assumed the stairs going down, and the ones going up led to another room.

She had tried opening any set of curtains she could and opening every door, but all she got was another door to the bathroom and a dressing room from the two in the bedroom. Aria was completely trapped, and Loki could be back at any moment to do anything he liked with her.

Sitting crossed legged on the bed in frustration, she felt something dig into her leg. Ripping the edge of her leggings up, Aria gasped as a small clasp sat against her ankle, intricately designed with silver leaves twined together, one single, green leaf glowed from among the others.

She tried removing it, but all it did was sit mockingly on the leg. That's when she also noticed the 'L' had disappeared from her arm. Was this her new claim? Tagging her like a dog?