Chapter 6

ChiYeon's POV

     "JoonShil was my friend ever since.. Grade school? We were really close and it even went until we knew each others secrets and all. We were in our already in college that Camie's older brother, Jaerin, transferred here in this school. He was popular and all. Girls falling in love with his looks, with his playboy attitude. JoonShil then told me he wanted to be like them. He also wanted some attention and fame like what Jaerin and his friends have."

Chen explained while staring on the ground. He was not moving at all. He was like a dead person. No expression at all. His tone was the only one who has them.

How come I didn't know this story? We will talk, Choi MeolJi.

"I strongly opposed JoonShil's decision. But he really wanted to be one of them. I also had an argument with him, causing for us not to talk for a while. But being a best friend, I always made sure that he's safe. But one day.. I heard Jaerin's conversation with his friends saying they will do something with JoonShil. I wasn't sure if it's a bad or good 'something'. Still, I told JoonShil what I've heard. But he didn't listen. He simply said that whatever happens to him, good or bad, he won't quit on what he is doing at that time." He continued. Slowly, tears welled on his eyes.

"Chen, if you can't finish telling me the story, it's alright. I don't want to force you." I said, feeling guilty.

"No, I want to go on. I want to share this to someone. My friends don't know this as well. Only you." I frelt flattered at that time. I know that feeling the tingly feeling again is not suitable for this situation right now. So I tried to stop it.

"I secretly followed them on their way to their destination. The place was a grassy land with no one is seen anywhere. Then.. It started."

He can't resist it anymore and finally broke down.

"Jaerin started with, 'Why do you want to stay with us in our group? Didn't you think that this is dangerous?' JoonShil, being the cool person he is, frankly said, 'I want to be one of you. I want to be popular and famous too.' He said it as a joke but Jaerin took it seriously, 'So were you using us all this time?! You wanted to surpass our popularity?!' ,'Hey wait, I was saying it as a joke. Why are you taking it seriously?' ,'Hah! Whatever. You're more popular than us now, JoonShil. If you love being the famous guy in school, I swear, I freakin' hate it. And because of that. Guys, put on the blindfold on him.' And there, he was completely beaten up. I wanted to go and rescue him, but I can't. Simply because I was afraid of what might happen to me. But that's the greatest mistake and regret that I can't forget until now. I should have rescued him. I should have went in there and defended him. But no, it's all too late. His bruises were all severe, that ended his life. I didn't even have the chance to say how sorry am I for arguing with him. I didn't have the chance to be his friend again. And I swear, if that ever happens to me again, that I will be left by someone important to me, I'm not going to think twice anymore and I'll do everything to make that person stay."

We stayed silent, me staring on the ground not knowing what to say, and Chen, who had his palms on his eyes any crying.

He just broke the silence with, "I'm so stupid. Really, really stupid."

And that's where I finally found my words, "You're not stupid, Chen. You just thought twice at that time. But knowing that you regret those, JoonShil have forgiven you even before. So stop crying. I want to see the Chen who's happy all the time."

"ChiYeon, I'm sorry for breaking down on you. I'm really sorry. I just wanted to let this out. The story keeps making me sad everytime I remember it."

"No, I don't really mind. I like to listen to stories and advice them positive things. The problem is that.. I can't apply my advices to myself." That reply made us both laugh. At least I made him feel better.