Chapter 1 - Battle

"Attack commences in 30 seconds" you hear as you stand with your comrades in a large room. Everyone is concentrating on the large steel door before you. You are new to Overwatch. This is your first battle simulation. It is a practice, mock battle with others in your base. It allows for "respawning" and "ressurection". You are not sure what to expect out of the enemies, nor do you know exactly who they are. Training has only taken place for you three times, so you do not know what to expect from yourself either. All the same, your trainer saw potential in you and you didn't want to let down your team.

With you stands a man who goes by the name Soldier 76, a healer by the name of Mercy, D.va, Mei, and Roadhog. Before you knew it the 30 seconds has passed and the door lowered. Everyone ran out in excitement for a victory, but you could hardly do the same. Nervous, you decided to hang back. You find a stairway near the side of the attack point leading to a short bridge that connects to the enemies side. Everyone is concentrating on the site of attack, so you do not believe many enemies will come this way. You try to get a scope of your enemies. You duck down behind the railing and watch everyone battling below hardly noticing you above.

As you watch you feel a darkness around you. As if someone was watching you. You quickly look at the enemies' faces below, trying to figure out who is targeting you. No one seems to notice where you are, yet you feel as if someone is already aiming at your face. You count the enemies. 5. Fear shoots through your body and your blood goes cold for there hasn't been a kill...yet. Where is the sixth enemy?

The area gets colder around you and you notice a black mist in the corner of your eye. You spin around, forgetting to keep track of your surroundings, and the realization that you are too late. A man all in black stands before you. Two guns in each hand both directed at your face. He wears a mask resembling a skull and a cloak that drapes all around him. According to the names of enemies you heard being spoken about you could only guess this was Reaper. He really looked the part.

The pause between you and him seemed to last a lifetime. While you were frightened and waiting for death, he was probably savoring the situation, knowing how helpless you are and what a fun easy kill this would be. His claw reached for the trigger of his gun, and he shot.

All was silent and dark. A tranquil nothing surrounded you. Not even the embarrassment of being the first down could reach you. Luckily with modern medicine the way it was you would come back later when your body was picked up. Before you knew it the black darkness turned to light. Your body tingling, as if returning to life. You hear the words "Heroes Never Die! " in the distance. Your body reforms to find Reaper, walking away, unaware of your quick return. You reach for your gun and aim at the back of his head. This time, you pull the trigger. His death sends an adrenaline rush through your body. You knew when he returned he would target you but it sent a strange excitement through your body. It would be fun to have some special competition with an enemy.

You stay on the bridge and aim at enemies below. You begin to like being able to hide yet have a clear shot at everyone, and decide this might be they route you'll take in fighting. Shots rain down on the enemies as you clear the point. Your team below captures it. "Yeah!" You exclaim, only to be blown away by a shot in the head. Reaper again. Oh it's on!

Once you are ressurected in the room in which you began, you sprint to find Reaper. He was probably on the bridge awaiting you, or near it in hiding. You approach the stairs and duck. Slowly walking up them. You peer over the top step. The bridge is empty. You turn around quickly expecting him to be behind you, he's not there. "Point captured" you hear. Looking over the railing you see him alone on the point giving a sinister laugh your way. He has a low echoing voice. Your teammates dead at his feet. He used his signature death blossom.

You duck and run before he is able to shoot your way. Knowing you're the only one alive for the while makes you very nervous, but hungry to kill him. You must take the point back. You decide to just go for it. Probably a dumb move going alone against Reaper, and other possible enemies in hiding, but you do it anyway.  There is a small tower in the center of the point keeping you hidden from the spot you last saw Reaper. Chances are he's probably not in that spot anymore, but better to play it safe. You peek around and you do not see him. A sudden low laughing rings in your ears as he forms in front of you. A wraith black spinning mist surrounding him. When he materializes you shoot before he can.

With no one else on the point the clock begins. You pray no others show up. "Sniper!" A returning teammate shouts, and you duck just as a bullet whizzes by. You take out the sniper who you believe to be widowmaker. "Point captured!" You hear. You're on fire! Before getting too excited you rememeber what happened last time. There is no time to get caught off guard. You head back to that bridge. With only 1 minute left in the match, you have high confidence that you will win. Headshot after headshot above. Your kill streak grows significantly.

Victory.

To be Continued...