Chapter 2 - Celebration

After the victory your teammates decided to put together a feast in the HQ. Here, there are no enemies. Only on the battlefield. Any grudges held from the battlefield in the HQ were up to you. And speaking of battlefield enemies, the man himself, Reaper, walks past. You see him past the window of the room in the hallway. You decide to go formally introduce yourself.

You open the door and step over to him. "Hey" you say. He looks over to you from the side and just grunts in reply. "My name is Y/N, It's nice to meet you... you know.. when we're not shooting each other. " He just shrugs in return. "I'm known as Reaper. That's really all you need to know. " He says, beginning to walk away. "You were a challenge out there. It was fun. You fought well. " You say, trying to slow him down a little to continue a conversation. "Thanks." He replies, making his way to the end of the hall.

Slightly embarrassed you return to the party. He seemed so distant and uninterested.

"Hey Y/N!" You hear. Mercy was walking your way with a plate of food. "Hungry? " she asks.  "Ah not yet." You reply. "That was a fun battle wasn't it?" She asks.  "Yes. Thanks for reviving me. Say, do you know much about Reaper?" She looks at you with curiosity. "Well, no one really knows much about Reaper. Soldier 76 and him have a past but I would not bring it up or ask." She says. "Why? " she adds.  "He seemed to target me on the field. It was a fun competition but I just talked to him and he seemed so cold."
"Oh he's always like that." She asserts. "No one really talks to him, hes too... mysterious. Great in battle though!" She exclaims before sitting at a table to eat with the team. You wonder if he prefers to be so alone.

You decide to grab a plate of food and join your new friends. As much as you want to push the subject away you can't help but wonder about Reaper. What happened to him? You were dying for answers, remembering that soldier 76 had a past with him. You brushed it away remembering what Mercy said. The last thing you want to do is create tension.

To be Continued...