Chapter 11 - Truth

The warm morning sunlight shines subtly into your room. You both wake.

He looks so fresh in the light,

rested.

A smile spreads on his face and a gleam hits his eyes. It was foreign to see, yet so welcoming it was as if he looked at you this way for years. You return the smile, and finally let yourself do it, let your hand rest on his cheek.

Rather than turning away, looking down, or pretending to be cold, he mimics the movement, and leans in, gently giving a kiss. A real one...

Not mid battle, not killing you afterwards, not on display, but because it felt good right now. It was right, it is right. You both know this is what you want.

The oncoming days are a mix of awkwardness and closeness. The rest of Overwatch hear about you two, and are welcoming of it. Gabe needed you and they knew it. They loved seeing happiness between the two of you, but they teased so much. It wasn't bad, it didn't bother you, but it was apparent that Gabriel wasn't used to the attention, especially like this. But he was ready to adjust.

Ready to be happy again.

~~

Thank you for reading! This is the last chapter. I'm sorry it's taken me so long, a lot of craziness has been going on and I've found the time to write again. I can't wait to begin new stories. (Ive also transitioned to archive of our own) but ill be sure to post what I write there also here for you all!
Thanks for being supportive along the way and loving this story!!