COK Chapter 12- Rescue

We start running through the streets. I glance at my watch, we have three minutes. I close my eyes and breath, lets do it. We run until we reach the alley where I almost died. It's empty, strange. We walk into the alley. We hear a loud buzzer go off. Then eight guys who look like they are our age or early twenties emerge. Two block the exit behind us, two in front of us. Then the four men from the alley fight walk up to us.

I'm still weak from the fight earlier at the pub. "I see you made it just in time. Smart choice to come." The leader says. "Let out friend go." Kaitlin says. I'm super out of breath. "The irresistible came with a friend, how sweet. Go home kid our fight isn't with you." He says. Please leave Kaitlin I can't bare you getting hurt, I think. "I'd rather die." She says. I close my eyes. Gosh Kaitlin why are you so stubborn. "As you wish." He says then snaps his fingers. A man joins the circle with a dead asleep Hannah in his arms. "We did no harm to her, just some medicine." He says.

"You have your friend, now come here." The men on either side of us move in. "Prepare to fight Cally, we can beat them with your power." Kaitlin says putting her arms up. "Kaitlin, I can't. I'm too weak." I say. "Irresistible, will you do this with or without violence, either way I will have you." The leader says. "We won't go down without a fight." Kaitlin says. "No. I'm tired of fighting." I say.

I step forward and two men run at me. They tie my hands behind my back with rope. Kaitlin charges at me, but two other guys hold her back. "Again, smart choice." I walk up to the leader. "I will take good care of you." He says stroking my cheek. I don't say anything, Kaitlin is screaming at me for giving up easily. "Take them away." Leader says. "what you said you would let them go." I say. "I never promise sweetie." The men take Hannah and Kaitlin and hold them up against the wall. A guy pulls out a pistol. I freeze, they're going to murder them right in front of me.

"Stop please no." I scream while struggling. "I thought you said you were tired of fighting?" The leader asks. "For myself, but I will die for my friends." He doesn't listen to me. "Do the talkative annoying one first." He says referring to Kaitlin. I watch as the man takes the gun and points it at her head. I close my eyes and a tear slips my cheek. I don't hear the gunshot. I open my eyes and see the gun man swinging his arm around, Kaitlin....She used her power. The guy is pointing the gun at the other men. They run away. "Fools what are you doing?!' The leader screams. It's just me, Kaitlin, Hannah, and the leader in the alley now.

"I still have the girl" he says holding me by the neck. He runs out of the alley with me in his arms. We turn the corner and he stops. The gang is standing there. "Hello friend. Remember us?" Caleb asks stepping forward. The leader freezes and his breathing quickens. "She's mine. We did a trade. I'm sorry fellas but I own her." He says. He smells my hair and puts his hands on my waist. Caleb's face turns red. "Don't touch her." He says through gritted teeth. I squirm but his grip tightens. I yelp from the pain and he chuckles.

"I know men who will pay good money to sleep with this beauty, after myself of course." That did it. Caleb charges at him and swings but the leader puts me in front of him as a shield. Caleb stops in his tracks once he sees it's me. "You wouldn't want to hurt her now would you?" He says smirking. He kicks Caleb down to the floor. Then pulls out a pistol. He's going to shoot Caleb!!

Erin goes down on her knees to check if Caleb is alright. Oh my gosh she's in the way!! He cocks the gun back then pulls the trigger. I scream. While the bullet is traveling towards my friend Jeff jumps right before it hits her. Jeff falls to the ground lifeless. The leader drops me to the ground and starts screaming. I see Zach standing over Jeff with a murderous look on his face.

I stay on the ground. I'm too weak. I close my eyes and rest.

I wake up back in the hotel. I get up and find everyone in the other room. "What happened?" We all say at the same time. "How did you guys find us?" I ask. "We found the note, you left it on the bed." Alex says. "Why didn't you tell us?" Caleb asks. "I knew you wouldn't let me go." They all nod. I see Hannah on the bed with an ice pack on her head. "Hey Hannah how are you feeling?" I ask. She weakly smiles. "Much better. Thank you for saving me." I smile back.

"Ok what happened after I blacked out?" I ask. "Jeff got shot." Erin says crying. "I'm so sorry." I say. It's all my fault. Brayden walks in the room. "Time to leave stop one." He says. We nod and quietly pack our stuff up. We put Jeff's stuff in a cardboard box and shipped it back home to AREA 32 with a note explaining everything. His parents should know what happened.

We leave the hotel and start walking in silence. Then a man approaches us. We get in the fighting position. "Calm down. Your the group with the irresistible right?" He asks. We nod. "Here." He hands us ten tickets for a train. I give him one back, "we lost one." I whisper so Erin can't hear. He sympathetically nods. "These will take you to stop two." With that he disappears into the shadows.

We go to the train station. There is an empty car, we jump up into it and shut the door. We here a whistle and it starts jostling along. "Dang it!!" Alex screams. "DANG IT DANG IT DANG IT!!!!" We look at him questionly. "We knew this was dangerous and we said we would do it under all circumstances. Even our life. We can't be sad like this. Jeff was an amazing guy and he will be remembered, but I can't take the silence!!"

We all nod. "So lets talk." Elle says. "Let's see how many times Cally gets threatened on the journey." Kaitlin says. We all laugh. "Ok so she got threatened by the alley dudes." Zach says. "Then the guys from the pub." Kaitlin says. "Then the alley dudes again." Erin says. I laugh. "That's three times in two days." Caleb says. "Hey it's not my fault I'm incredibly sexy." I say. I put my hands up.

"What's it like Cally? To have to fear death every second of your life?" Elle asks. "Oh you get used to it. I only fear for others." I say. "Yah she practically gave up her life just to save me." Kaitlin says. "I think it's time to get some sleep. If the next stop is anywhere like this one. We need to be prepared." Caleb says. I laugh.

There are piles of hay on the empty car. I sleep against Caleb. I never realized how exhausted I was. I start thinking about Elle's question. Actually it is the most terrifying feeling in the world. I answer in my mind, Then I'm out.

_______________________________

Hey readers. I got so many requests to update so I did! Jeff did die:( well comment and vote please~!!!