COK Chapter 3- I Refuse

Hey readers!! Why do you think of my new book so far? I want to dedicate this chapter to divergent_games22 ... she helped come up with most of the ideas for this chapter. Also go ch k out her books they are AMAZING!! Please enjoy ily all:*

----------------------------

~Micayla's POV~

We leave Levi there as his own punishment. I know he can't help it that he's attracted to her, but seriously dude! That's just creepy! Anyway the loudspeaker called her name oh great this is it, you meet the council three time in your life. The first time they are doing the signing(if you get signed) second is if you want children you have to confirm with the council how many and what genders( again IF you want kids) the third is your death. When you die it's called the closing if the eyes ceremony, your entire family is there and they give you whatever you want for the last hours of your life(this one you HAVE to go well unless your an outcast).

There are two type of people in this city, civilians and outcasts. Outcasts are criminals who are against the government, they usually start the violence and are the most dangerous. Civilians are normal happy people who live ordinary lives, like me and Cally do.

Cally grabs my hand, wow she's nervous. We walk through the giant fumed oak doors, and into the council room. There is a half a circle of people who must be the council. They all have on black robes. In the middle is our one and only high council member Olivia Carrolton. You must address her as yes high councilwoman Carrollton, or else punished severely. The person on the loudspeaker talks again. "A miss Cally Mack you may now approach the council, accompanied by a miss Micayla Thompson."We both walk forward into the councils view.

~Cally's POV~

Oh gosh Im so nervous. Cally is shaking even harder. I don't let my nervousness show though because them they can sense that Im weak and I AM NOT! "Now ladies what is the purpose of this visit."high councilwoman Carrolton says. I step forward. "High councilwoman Carrolton, I have recently accomplished getting my worthy sign for the City of Keys." I make sure she is with me then continue. "I was wondering if you would allow me, Miss Cally Mack To go on a quest in search of the City of Keys so I may unlock my purpose and potential." There phew that wasn't so hard.. Ugh I hate talking all official. Except you have to talk official of formal to all adults, it's just the proper thing to do. She thinks for a moment...

"Miss Cally Mack, your offer to go on a quest for the City of Keys has been denied." Some other council person says. May blood is bubbling. "Permission to ask why the request was denied." Micayla speaks. I smile at her. "Permission granted Miss Thompson." Says a different council person. Then High councilwoman Carrolton speaks. "Miss Mack we know that you are an irresistible, and making the journey without government protection would highly risk your life. It's just too dangerous for a child your age to make the trip alone." UGHHHH I HATE when Im called a child. I have one more year then I am a legal adult!

"Thank you for your time AREA 32 council." Micayla says then drags a disappointed me out of the room. We walk into Barnes & Noble my favorite place to think. We get two hot chocolates and snuggle into our secret corner.

"Micayla I am going to the City of Keys, I have too." She looks at me like Im crazy then says. "Im with you girl." We both smile. "Im going to leave tonight after dinner." She gives me a hocked face. "Your leaving tonight?!?" She screams in a whisper. "I have to." I respond. We sit there then she speaks up. "I can't go with you." Micayla squeaks. "What? Why?!?" I scream whisper. "My sister got attacked by outcasts and she only has some time left." She starts to cry. I pull her into a hug. Micayla is a middle child. She has a younger sister named Alex and an older brother named Josh. "Josh can help you Cally, he knows people." Micayla says. I nod. "I'll sneak to your house at midnight." I say we both nod. "I love you Cally." Micayla says. "Oh shut up Micayla Im not dying, I'll be back in a week or so." But Im not that sure.

We pay for the drinks and go home. I pull out a backpack and stuff it with clothes. Then in one of the pockets I put my hairbrush, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, make up, toothbrush, toothpaste, and a towel. I also pack a small pistol for protection and a knife that i keep in my boot, the government gave me these since I am an irresistible. I pack with me 1,000 dollars that I have been saving for this trip all my life. I put on my sleep clothes and go to sleep for a few hours before the journey. I don't know if I can fall asleep... but right when I was thinking that I did.