COK Chapter 1- I am Worthy

~Micaylas POV~

I am standing at the bus stop... Freezing to death!!! Why did my dad get assigned To work in AREA 32? That's the coldest area. Anyway I hear a voice. "Hey Kayla." I turn my head and my mouth drops. I see Cally standing there beautiful as ever. I see her like every day but still whenever I see her I get dazzled. No wonder she is a irresistible. No one wants to be a irresistible, because they are in danger 24/7. All guys feel an urge to umm be with irresistible's. Cally is the only irresistible that is not signed.

She walks over. "What's up?" I ask. "Oh Garrett threatened me again." She says like it's normal. "I don't get it, how are you calm? Almost all nonsigned guys in the area would kill to have you and you skip around without a care in the world." I say. She seems kinda distracted. "I don't have fear, I've never felt it before. Well like fear before a test or before you go on stage, but never fear of death." She smiles. I want her courage. I may be a perfect, but sometimes I don't know who I am.

"Kayla, I've been thinking about something." Cally says. "Me too." I say. We both know what we are both thinking about, the city of keys. It says if you go there your true self will be revealed. I want to know my purpose, and I bet so does Cally.

Then I see two hands grab Cally by her waist and pull her close. I look at the face, it's James. "James let her go or I'll tell her supervisor." In my community each person is assigned a supervisor. They make sure your doing good in school, and make sure your healthy and safe. "I don't care if I get in trouble, I can't help myself that I want her." James replies. His hands are locked in front Of Cally, cally is trying to pry them apart. "James let me go." She says then starts pounding her fists against his hands. "I will once you agree to be mine." He sets his chin on her shoulder. "I'll be yours when Im dead." She says through clenched teeth. "We can't let you hurt yourself, then there would be nothing to be happy about in life." He laughs and starts rockin back and forth with Cally in his arms. I can't take this anymore, but I get scared a lot. Sometimes I don't act like a perfect. Then Cally snaps.

~Cally's POV~

James is acting like a jerk!! I knew him when we were little. You don't get irresistible until your sixteen then you find out. I've only been irresistible for a year. Then all the guys turned on me and started going weird. I felt a snap, when James wouldn't obey my commands. I throw my head back so it rams into his nose. He lets go to put his hands on his now bleeding nose.

I turn towards him and high kick him. My foot lands against his chest. He falls to the ground. I collapse on the floor exhausted and very confused. Kayla is over me. "Cally what was that?" She says. "I don't know... " I reply. Then I feel a sharp pain on my left wrist. I cry and hold my wrist... I start screaming. I grasp my wrist and curl into a ball. I scream and cry. Kayla calls 911... the paramedics come. My body goes limp. On my wrist is the symbol, the symbol that means I am worthy to go to the City of Keys.