Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"You're getting a divorce", I state.

"Yes, Mckenzie, a divorce. And since you're sixteen, it's up to you who you'll live with, after The Voice is over" Momma said finally joining the conversation.

"Why are you getting a divorce?", I inquire.

"Miranda, why don't you tell her?" Daddy smugly states.

"Fine. Well, sweetie, about a year ago, two weeks before your father went on tour, I accused him of cheating on me with Adam Levine. He said he hadn't but I didn't him. He left on tour, I told Anne, breaking her and Adam up. Then I cheated on your father with one of his old contestants, Zach Swon. I was already wanting the divorce after what I thought happened with Adam but when your father found out I was cheating, that sealed the deal. He filed for divorce".

"Momma! How could you! I trusted you! All this? For what? To ruin your marriage? Show your daughter how she's supposed to treat her husband? For Zach! I hate you! i hope your happy!" I screamed before standing up and storming out to the car. Five minutes later, Momma and Daddy met me out there and we left. When we arrived home, I stormed upstairs and started looking for my suitcase,so I could begin packing. How could she cheat on Daddy? I angrily found my favorite outfits and threw then into my bag until Daddy walked in.

"Knock, knock," Daddy quietly said before walking in anyway.

"You're already in, but I guess come in" I replied sarcastically.

"You're being a little harsh on your mother, don't you think? After all, she is still your mother".

"She cheated, Daddy! Cheated! She ruined our family. I don't understand how you can act like everything's fine! She accused you of being gay! Now you want the fifteen year old girl to pick between her cheating mother and faithful father! I'm not being harsh".

"I know this is difficult and you don't want to change high schools and move to the other side of the country but it's the only way for you to truly understand how your mother and myself live before your decision. We both love you and this is already hard for both of us. Please don't try to make it anymore difficult than it has to be".

"Okay, but only because you asked nicely. I just can't understand why Momma would ever do anything like that. I can't stand her!".

"Mckenzie, she's still your mother. Now I want to see those tear free ocean eyes of yours along with your bright smile. You understand me?".

"Yes, Daddy. When do we leave?".

"Three days".

"Okay".

Daddy walks out and I flop down on my bed, thinking that this wouldn't be so bad. California. New school. New friends. I could actually spend time with Daddy. It won't be awful. I won't have to see Momma and her cheating, home wrecking self. This definitely wouldn't be too bad.

Three days pass in a blur, and it's time for me to leave. I wake up at five in the morning, so early that that sky is still ebony, with thirty minutes until we need to leave for the airport and three hours before the flight actually leaves. I walk around and grab the crumpled outfit laying on the floor, a pink jack wills sweatshirt and grey sweatpants with a comfy pair of fuchsia nike's. It's one of the few outfits I didn't actually pack. It's pretty obvious I have no intention of ever coming back. I grab my phone, charger, and hot pink beats solos before walking down the stairs to meet Daddy and walk to the car.

With no traffic on the roads, we arrive at six. It's a good thing our flight doesn't leave until eight, because let's just say the paparazzi knew we were leaving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: hey guys! I just wanted to say that's to everyone who's reading this. I love all of you! Remember to COMMENT! VOTE! FAN! SHARE! I want your feedback! Don't be afraid to give it! Love you! Thanks!