Chapter 9 - The Box

Note:
Y/N - Your name
D/C - Dress colour
Your P.O.V
You - About 3 days have passed since the incident. It's Monday and like always, I'm at my restaurant. I haven't seen Gene or Dante after that, it's been quite peaceful. One of the Ro'Maeve brothers is here now and I was to personally serve him because of how well our family knows each other. "Here is your order Zane. Is there anything else you'd like?"
Zane - "Thank you and yes, I'd like a bottle of wine please."
You - "I'll bring it over soon."
Zane - "Mhmm."
You -I walk away to find a glass of wine, went out and took it to him. Looking at his table, he hasn't eaten yet. "Is everything okay?"
Zane - "Yes, I'm just waiting for someone.. A business partner."
You - "Sorry for the question, Sir."
Zane - "Please, don't worry."
You - "Should I prepare something for the guest?"
Zane - "Yes please."
You - After a while of preparing the guest had finally arrived. A pretty woman who was a few years older than Zane. "Here is your food ma'am."
Woman - "Food?"
Zane - "I ordered it for you, so once you came it would be ready to eat."
Woman - "Oh darling, you shouldn't have."
You - Darling? Confused, I place the plate on the table with another glass for the wine.
Zane - "Thank you Y/N. That's it for now."
You - "Yes Sir." I walk away to the locker room to check my phone. While doing that I was thinking.. Darling? Zane into older ladies? "Well. I can't judge."

- 2 new message -
<Text Messages>
:Dante:
Dante - "I know I scared you and I'm sorry. Please let me see you again so I can apologise."
Dante - "Give me a time and place, I'll let you choose a place that's comfortable for you."

You - I didn't know what to do and just ignored the messages. After a while the lady at Zane's table was gone and Zane still remained. He put his arm up while looking at me. "Yes Sir."
Zane - "Zane is fine when we're alone."
You - "Oh okay.."
Zane - "I have another guest coming. Give me a light meal and just bring the same dish from before."
You - "Yes S... Zane." Before going to the kitchen I quickly go to the locker rooms to check my phone... But why? Was I hoping for someone to text me?

- 2 new messages -
< Text Messages >
:Gene:
Gene - "Once your shift is over I'll come to pick you up. We are going to my place again."
Gene - "You better not leave through the back door, or else!"

You - "Really?" Despite his annoying attitude, I somehow felt joyous that he texted me. Like those fangirls who fangirl about their OTP or their anime 'crush'. "Okay, time for Zane's meal and after that, my shift is done."
Chef - "Miss Y/N, Zane's order is ready."
You - The chef put the tray on the table for me to get. "Thank you." I walk out to find Zane sitting with another older woman... *sigh* "Here is your order Sir and ma'am."
Zane - "Thank you. I'm guessing your shift is over now?"
You - "Haha, yes. I will be taking my leave. Please enjoy your meal tonight." I leave and I can see the woman all over Zane. Zane really doesn't look like a playboy... Well I can't judge. I've finished changing out of my uniform and I walk outside.
Gene - "Finally! You are one slow person."
You - Almost forgot about him... "So I need to do something at your house?"
Gene - "Yes, I need you to do something for me. Help me look for something."
You - "O-Okay? May I ask what we are looking for?"
Gene - "I'll tell you when we get there, so hurry and get in the car."
You - Rude. "Alright." We both got in the car and sat opposite each other in the limo. And Yori started to drive. On the drive to his place I think of some ideas of what he could be looking for. (Let your imagination run wild)
Gene - "Alright, let's go. It's best if we can find it today."
You - I got out of the limo and walk inside the house.
Gene - "I want you to change your clothes."
You - "Why? Isn't what I'm wearing fine?"
Gene - "In my house, you will dress the way I want."
You - I thought he was beginning to change but I guess I was wrong... He's as rude as always.
Gene - "Okay this is the room we are going to look around in."
You - He stood in front of a door. "Okay..." He opened the door and turned on the lights. The room was huge and there were piles of old looking things... Worn out boxes, old picture frames, old books, dusty shelves and many other things. It was a messy storage room and everything was very unorganised. Something you wouldn't expect from a rich person. "wow..."
Gene - "So what we are looking for is a fancy little box. I don't exactly remember what the design or the patterns are on it. So bring every little box that has a key lock on it."
You - "S-Sure..." We began looking. As I was searching I cleaned up at the same time. Putting the things I've looked at away into boxes or on shelves. "So... Why are we looking for this box?"
Gene - "Do you really have to ask? Well whatever it's not a secret. I found a worn out book in a box inside my wardrobe. It was called Cinderella and I'm sure you've heard of it. Anyway, in the book was a fancy gold key and I remembered something. It was that box, I remember relieving a box when I was younger. My parents probably gave it to me. I want to see what's inside the box because I have a feeling that some thing important is kept inside."
You - "Oh..." For some reason, he seemed a little different than usual. We searched and found a box but the key didn't fit. We found quite a few and there was still places to look in. Then we found a box that was taped up and it looked rather suspicious. "Do you think it's in there."
Gene - "Open it."
You - I started pulling the sticky tape strips one by one and finally opened it. Inside was a very beautiful treasure box, a very fancy blue one. It had silver edges and patterns on it. Without saying a word, Gene put the key in and it fit. He unlocked it and what we saw inside was...

~ To be continued

~ ♡月子♡Tsukiko♡