Chapter 5 ( Part 2 )

"You're the mushy gushy one," She teases, still holding the rose. Josh folds his arms against his chest. "Am not," He retorts, and she smiled. He's so cute, scowly, but somehow sweet at the same time.  A cold breeze sweeps the calm clearing, and she shivers. Josh notices, hesitantly wrapping an arm around her. She snuggles closer grateful for the warmth but not noticing the raging blush on his face. "So,Mel, do you have a family?" Josh asks, looking at her with his amber eyes. She flinches slightly, but answers steadily. "No. Not anymore." Glancing at his probing eyes, she looks at him, trying to stop the shaking. "C-Can we save that story for later?" At her discomfort, the inu nods, and she smiles. "How about yours?" Josh was silent for awhile before responding. "My mother died, so I had to fend not only for myself but for my brother too. It wasn't exactly that easy." She blinks, unsurprised. Usually half-dragons outlived their mortal parents. "What about your father?" She asks, looking at Josh. "My father died trying to protect my mother." He says a lot quieter. "Oh" She says hugging him. "I'm sorry." Josh looks at her, then lets a scowl take over the sad face. She sighs inwardly as he puts on his 'Aww this doesn't pity me act' saying, "Nah, it's nothing. Besides, I never knew the old man that much anyway. Why does it matter?"

"Because you could've known him better." She replies. Josh quieted again at that, but changed the subject. "Do you like this place?" She glanced around, at the shining waterfall, the green grass, and the chirping of the crickets. "Of course, Josh. It's so peaceful here." She feels sleepy just listening to everything. She yawns, and her blue eyes slowly close. Josh watched you, then leans closer. She felt surprise spark in her as her lips met his.