Chapter 7

Loren and Raven left shortly after that, and Catty turns to her. "C'mon! Let's go to the old place!" The old place was actually in a forest, near a cliff with beautiful flowers underneath it. "Why not! Race ya!" She laughs, leaving a very confused and hasty Catty behind. 

She stopped, and the familiar smell of lavender and honey reached her nose. "M-Mel!" Catty panted, finally catching up with her. "Ha! You lost!" She laughed, poking Catty. She looked happy and also a bit confused. "Duh. You always win. You're a half-dragon! But why've you been acting so happy? It's just not like you." Her words made her think a bit. "Are you saying I'm always grumpy?" She huffs, looking at her. "Yep." A small voice singing from below kind of startles her, and she hears the lyrics. "Lord Shadow, you're always there for me. no one else could replace you.." That name... Lord Shadow. She steps closer for a better look, but she leans too far and a powerful gust of wind sends her flying over the cliff. "Mel!" Catty screams, reaching to grab her. The world spins in a blur of blue and brown, and she closes her eyes, bracing for impact.  Instead, something grabs her and she feels herself lying on something soft. She opens her blue eyes, and surprise washed over her when they meet amber golden ones. Josh? Is that you? Her vision clears and she sees a very similar half-dragon that looked like Josh with a red crescent moon on his shoulder. "Me lord! There you are!" A black demon with a long staff stumbled clumsily into a bow. "Jaken. Where's Rin?" The half-dragon said in a rather calm, bored, voice. Catty arrived, letting out a squeak when her light blue eyes settled on the half-dragon that looked like Josh. "She's there me lord! And who is this? Why are you with a lowly half-dragon?" The black demon's voice suddenly became rather annoying to her, and she glared at him, shaking off the fluffy thing she was lying on. "Call me that again, and I'll rip your throat inside out." She snarled, drawing her dagger. The other demon, Shadow, she guessed, looked at Jaken dangerously. "Silence." The black thing, who was glaring back at her, gulped and bowed again. "Yes, me lord!" Shadow turned around, studying her. "Let's go Jaken. Get Rin." The black demon gives her one last glare before scrambling to his feet and ran off.