Chapter 10

"What was that?" She looks up, her sensitive ears picking up a scream. "Hmm? I didn't hear anything..." Catty looks up, looking at her worriedly. "It was probably nothing.. just me." She assures her friend, and she relaxes. "Ok." She sits next to her, looking at the crown of flowers. They're a pattern of gold, blue, and purple. "That's pretty." She comments, rubbing a petal between her fingers. 

"Really?" Catty looks at her, looking pleased. "Yeah. What do you want to do today?" She asks, and Catty gets up, her crown falling from her lap. "Oh no! I forgot! My village is holding a meeting today! Sorry, Mel!" Catty runs in the direction of the village scattering flower petals in her wake. She blinks, watching her. "......" A dragonish scent fills her nose, and she leaps to her feet, drawing her daggers. Shadow's standing there, and she relaxes. "Oh. It's you. What do you want?" He says nothing, but continues to stare at her. Starting to get unnerved, she steps towards him and wave her hand in front of his face. He grabs her hand, and the next thing she knows, you're pulled into him for a hug. Catty's not gonna be happy, you thought, and the thought made her squirm a bit. "U-Umm could you let go of me?" She looks up, a blush creeping onto her cheeks. Shadow looks at her, his golden amber eyes startled. He releases her, then continues to stare.

She just stands there, letting him, not knowing what to do. He finally moves and pulls out a small crown, like the one Catty made, but with more vivid colors. Shadow places it gently on her head, and the blush grows stronger. "Th-Thank you?" She smiles at him, admiring the flower's sweet scent. Shadow looks startled, again, at her smile, but his eyes soften.  That might have been the first time in a while