Chapter 9

"What a mess," She mutters leaning against the thick bark of the tree. The night hadn't gone very well, and Catty was swooning non-stop about Shadow. Josh and Shadow had destroyed nearly the whole forest, scaring the poor nearby villages. "Shadow-sama..." Catty let out a giggle and she stared at her. "Would you quit it?" She snapped when she started again,and she stared at her with sad eyes.
"Im sorry...just grouchy." She rubbed her head, sitting down but half afraid to leave Catty. "Could I sleep for a bit? And stay here." She added. She'd had found out the hard way that Catty tended to wander, and very often into trouble. Catty nodded, and she sighed and handed her some leaves and flowers. "Here. Weave a basket out of this.." That should keep her busy. She thought as she closed her eyes, dozing off...
"Catty? Catty!" The pink haired girl was gone, leaving a small basket behind. "I knew I shouldn't have fallen asleep..." She got up grabbing her dagger, whirling around as she heard a thud. It was Josh. "Josh! Have you seen Catty?" He studied her with curious amber eyes. "Whose that?" She sighed, but a lightbulb popped into her head as her blue eyes landed on the scales on Joshs arm. "Whose that?" Josh asked again, more impatiently this time. She grins, watching him change into a dragon jumping into a tree. "Come here, track her scent for me. " Josh scowls, hesitantly jumping down next to her. "Dont treat me like a pet!" She grins mischievously running her hand over his scales. "Thats a good dragon..." The inu glares at her, sitting back. "Do you want me to help or not?" She glared back. "Of course!"
"Then stop treating me like a pet!"
"Whatever! Just sniff the stupid thing already!" Frustration bubbles in her as she remembers how hotheaded and annoying Josh can be. "Say sorry." Josh leans back, obviously starting to enjoy this game. "Fine. Im sorry. There, happy?" He sighs, opening one eye grabbing it with his claw. He then rests his chin on the ground. She stifles a laugh at how ridiculous he looks, like a cross between a sprawled frog and a dragon. After some tracking, he goes back to the place where she and Catty were yesterday. "Whats Catty doing here?" she wonders, then a thought flashes into her head. Shes probably looking for Shadow. "Catty?" She calls out, as Josh watches you. "Mel?" Relief washes through you as Cattys voice answers you, and her head pops out of a bush. "Whatre you doing here?" She asks, eyeing her suspiciously. "I-I went to pick more flowers." Her friend blushes as she holds up some lavenders and daisies.
She sighs. "Let's just get back. Come on Josh." He nods soaring overhead while you two race underneath his shadow. What all 3 of you didn't dee though was two golden eyes watching your every move.