Chapter 11

Kagura's POV

I sat in the tree, taking everything in. So Shadow had a soft spot for the half filth. Interesting. Let's just see how far his feelings go. A cold smile spread across my face as I felt myself morph into Emily, Shadow's past love. Shadow himself was standing near a tree, watching Mel. I waited patiently until Rin ran up to Shadow, and he turned his gaze away. Seizing that moment, I flew towards Mel, flicking my fan casually. The girl looked up to see hundreds of wind blades hurtling towards her, and I smirked.  The smile faded when I felt a sword stab through my back, and I fell to the ground staring into Shadow's eyes. His feelings must be deep... Unless he knows it's me. But I hid my scent well, but what could I expect from the almighty Lord of the West? "Shadow.... How could you?" Cold evil and malice was spreading through my body as I let myself scatter into pieces, catching a glimpse of Shadow's expressionless face. I let the parts of my body scatter into a cave, where I grinned at a motionless figure. "How'd it go?"
"It went well. Expect a newcomer."

Mels POV

She runs away, her blue eyes widening in surprise as Shadow stabbed a red eyed woman in the back. She had blocked the wind blades with her daggers, protecting Rin. Josh had arrived to help, and now he stood by her side. Shadow landed on the ground, looking a little miffed as his amber eyes landed on Josh. She sighed, leaning on Josh slightly, and it became clear Shadow was annoyed. "She's annoyed," The dragon lord stated curtly, grabbing her arm. "Hands off, Shadow. You make her terrified of you." Josh growled at him as he lightly tugged her back.

"How dare you, half-breed," Shadow replies, hugging her to his chest. "I-" Mel squeaks, feeling helpless as they continue pulling her back and forth. Finally they drop her and start arguing between each other, and she took the chance to dive safely in a tree. It takes the two half-dragons to realize where you are. "Mel! There you are!" Josh leaps for you, glaring at Shadow, but Shadow reaches her swiftly and flies up into the air as pale red dragon wings had formed on his back. "Give Mel back! I'll kill you!" Josh threatens, but his voice fades as you two get up higher. 

"Shadow?" Her voice comes out in a squeak, and he looks at her. She glanced away, feeling the intensity of his gaze. "Hm?" It's cold up here, you think, snuggling along his jacket. "Where are we going?" He doesn't answer this time, and she sighs.