ċһѧƿṭєя 6: ɞıṭṭєяṡẇєєṭ єṡċѧƿє

Reader

The world was nothing but pure darkness. No sign of any life. No sign of death.

Just empty black space.

I stood in the middle, having no idea where the hell I was. I looked around me before take a slow and steady step foward.

I wasn't stepping on anything, but for some odd reason, I felt gravity taking control of my body and unexpectedly, it shot me down as if I was being pushed and falling off a cliff.

In other words, it was almost like I was falling to my death.

I screamed frantically until my body broke through an invisible glass barrier and landed hard on what seemed like concrete. My body...I thought I cracked all my bones and ligaments to the point that I couldn't move or even breathe anymore. I struggled to get up by myself and I felt an unknown thick liquid pooling from under me.

Oh no...was I...bleeding?

Indeed I was. Soon enough, blood started trickling from my head down to my jawline. I couldn't think properly. I couldn't stand. I didn't know what to do. All I could do was let my eyes wander around until...

...I saw someone.

A human figure stood in the distance. I couldn't see quite well from afar, but I assumed that the silhouette belonged to a woman. The figure slowly walked closer to the spot where I was.

She saw me.

Was she going to kill me? Finish me off? I couldn't do anything at this point. My entire body was paralyzed, I couldn't feel a thing. But as the figure got closer and closer, the more that the shadows revealed the woman more clearly.

That woman...she was my mother.

"Mom?" was all I could say.

She said nothing. All she did was smile.

But her smile...it seemed forced. Almost like she sympathized me. Or knew I was helpless without her.

Why wasn't she helping me get back on my feet?

She then opened her mouth. She looked like she was about to say something important until...

BAM!!

She was shot. Someone shot her.

"MOOOOOM!!!!!!"

Before my very eyes, my mom was shot to death by someone behind her holding a gun. She collapsed on the concrete by my side, completely lifeless with her eyes still open.

The killer snickered evilly. His deed was done.

That heartless villain just killed my mom.

The killer's cackling continued and slowly but surely, it got louder and louder. It kept echoing in my ears. I thought I was going deaf. The laughter was then gradually replaced by ringing that got really annoying to the point that I thought my ears were going to pop.

RIIIIIIIIIINNGG~!!
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGG~!!!
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII---

"MAN JUST SHUT UUUP!" I banged my alarm clock with my fist and jolted up from my pillow.

Wait a second. My...pillow?

I panted heavily. I felt really warm and I also felt sweat all over my body. No sign of blood or broken bones and ligaments. I could move.