The life of John Watson

Flashback-

He walked through town, catching odd glimpses of himself in reflections of coffee shop windows as he headed off towards the grocery store. It was evening and the moon was already out, he hadn't any food left at home and he also needed to buy milk.

He was wearing a button down plaid shirt with a denim jacket over the top. He watched his feet as he walked, stepping through puddles in his converse as they splashed and droplets flew in all directions, dirtying up the bottom of his jeans so that his ankles began to get cold and his shoes were damp.

He reached the grocery store as soon as it began to rain, he shook the rain out of his hair and picked up a basket. He walked around the aisles his shoes squeaking slightly from the water built up in them, he got milk along with eggs and bread and a few other things that he thought might be good. He then payed at a normal till so that he could be served by a real person and not have to be rejected by the self serving chip and pin machines.

John stepped back outside the store into the light rain, it was the kind of rain you barely felt until you realized you were drenched to the bone and like you'd been in a shower without removing your clothes. He turned his collar up against the wind, his feet splashing through puddles, desperate to get home.

Once he reached his flat he unlocked the door whilst balancing the shopping bag in one arm and headed upstairs to his room. The flat was two bedrooms and had two chairs near the fireplace with a sofa against the wall. He lived here alone with his bulldog Gladston, he saw no reason to have company and instead kept to his dog who provided all the company he believed he could ever need.

John headed into the kitchen and began to unload the bag that was fit to bursting into the fridge and cupboards. He then cooked up a small pizza which he planned to eat alone, maybe giving a piece to Gladston if he was good.

Once john had settled himself in his chair by the fireplace with a cup of tea on the table, Gladston decided to greet him, having woken from a deep sleep under the coffee table. He plodded up to John, his tail wagging do much that his behind went with it nearly toppling him over, John picked him up onto his lap and was greeted with kisses and slobber from Gladston.

John drank his tea whilst stroking Gladston who had wedged himself between John and the armrest. Gladston had his head rested on Johns thigh and was drooling slightly.

Johns day ended as usual with no goings on, he washed up once he ate his pizza and Gladston had his, and then he changed and went to bed, Gladston hiding under the duvet with him. They fell asleep quickly, along side each other and that was Johns day, the same as every other day. Like John had always said: "nothing happens to me."