Morning sunshine

Sherlock woke to find he was lying on the sofa by himself, where did John go?
Sherlock sat up and stretched himself out lazily, he then proceeded into the kitchen where he made himself a coffee and John a tea.

He decided to make John breakfast so he toasted some bread and began to fry some bacon to make a bacon sandwich. It was all going fine until Sherlock managed to cut his hand and the bacon began to burn causing the smoke alarm to go off as the room filled with smeech. Luckily mrs Hudson was out so no heart attacks for her, except poor John was upstairs and came rushing down stairs on a panic.

"What happened?" John asked looking at Sherlock as he opened the window and cleaned up the mess. He then went over to Sherlock who was cradling his hand.

"Give" John informed him, holding out his hand for Sherlock to surrender his. Sherlock sighed and let John take his hand, it was bleeding where he had sliced it with a knife during his attempt at breakfast. The cut was deep and long and went from one side of Sherlocks palm to the other.

"Come with me" John told him gently instructing Sherlock to follow. He lead Sherlock upstairs or his room where he instructed for Sherlock to sit on his bed whilst he fetched out his first aid box reminding him of their first encounter.

"Need to clean it first, Gladston can keep you company whilst I sort out the medical stuff."

Gladston happily sat across Sherlocks lap and Sherlock stroked him fondly, whilst John began to wipe away the blood with antiseptic causing Sherlock to wince as the alcohol seeped through the raw flash. He bit his bottom lip as John worked.

"Your going to need stitches" John warned him as he took out the needle and thread from his kit. "I'll make it numb first" John said taking out a needle and sinking it through Sherlocks skin near the cut and injecting the liquid that made his hand lose all feeling in it.

He then sewed a few simple stitches and cut the thread once he had tied it in place. He placed a patch over the top to protect the stitches and gently massaged Sherlocks hand in his.

"Better?" John asked, still holding Sherlocks hand.

Sherlock smiled weakly and John hugged him tightly to make him feel better. He then lifted Sherlocks palm up to his lips and kissed it.

"There you go, I've kissed it better" John chuckled slightly, Sherlock blushed as he felt the electricity caused by John run through his still numb arm and travel through his body, causing his heart to beat even faster.

John then went to pack his kit away and then sat on the bed next to Sherlock.

"Just like old times eh?" John said smiling to himself at the memory of when he had first met Sherlock.

"Yeah" Sherlock said with a smile as he lay backwards onto the bed and John lay next to him.